21 June 2022 (Tuesday) - The Dunes

Another bad night – I was awake at 5am. I sat on the balcony for a while looking at the sea of towels on the floor below. Overnight they had all fallen down. Was this because of “urbanistic reasons” – the very reason why we’d been admonished not to hang stuff over the balcony?

Together with “My Boy TM” I took our towels up to the Over-18s area and bagged four sunbeds for later. We met quite a few other people doing the same; everyone agreed with us. We didn’t like doing it, but if we didn’t we wouldn’t get a bed. 

We had brekkie, then took a taxi down to The Dunes. The Dunes was supposedly one of the “must-see” places in Maspalomas… I don’t quite know what I was expecting but it was just a few sand dunes. Rather beautiful, but I think I was expecting more. But we got two Earthcaches and a virtual geocache out of it, so I was well pleased.
We walked back to the taxi rank via what we’d hoped would be little seaside shops, but weren’t. The knick-knack shops that had been everywhere in Greece and Turkey just didn’t seem to exist in Gran Canaria. In many ways the place wasn’t entirely unlike Hastings.

We went back to the pool, and as I drank far too many mojitos I spent much of the afternoon holding on to the sunshade; it was rather windy.

Dinner was rather marred by screaming brats. Perhaps I’m getting old, but does no one instil any discipline in their children these days? We didn’t so much have a restaurant as a toddler’s race-track.

We went for a little walk after dinner. From our balcony we could see a fun-fair half a mile up the road. Despite all the lights, it was closed. But we did meet a little dog who looked just like Morgan.
A quick game of cards, and we had an early night…


I took a few photos today
as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment