15 June 2022 (Wednesday) - See You Later...

I slept like a log, but the first decent sleep after a night shift is usually a good one. I came downstairs to dog mayhem, and left “er indoors TM sorting it as I scoffed toast.

The internet was still there as I scoffed… perhaps that sentient chatbot hasn’t gone rogue just yet? Or has it… Have you ever read any of Isaac Asimov’s “Foundation” series? Humans had robot slaves… and a thousand years later there was a galaxy-wide human empire with absolutely no aliens at all… not one. Having been created to serve and protect humans, the robots thought humanity would best be protected by wiping out all the aliens. So they upped sticks and did just that… Perhaps our chatbot is picking a fight in outer space?

 

I took the dogs down to Orlestone Woods where we had a rather good walk interrupted by a frustrating fifteen minutes trying to get a photo of all four dogs. And with walk walked we came home just as it was getting hot. And we came home to frustration…

Before I put my toast in to cook I’d put the dog bedding in to wash so that when we came home from our walk it would be ready to hang on the washing line. We came home to find I hadn’t actually turned the washing machine on… I turned it on.

After two episodes of “Orange is the New Black” I hung out the washed bedding. And after another I settled the puppies and took Pogo and Treacle for their little holiday with Charlotte who (ably assisted by Tracey and Karl) will wrangle them to her heart’s content.

 

I was about to call in to Matalan when (almost at the last minute) I remembered that I had some trivial gripe or other the last time I went there, so instead I went to Sainsbury’s men’s clothing department. I got socks and a pair of shorts, and reminded myself why shopping on Amazon is far preferable. Amazon caters for the more rotund gentleman.

 

I came home and watched two more episodes of “Orange is the New Black” whilst combing Morgan. While searching for something else I found Fudge’s old comb (of which Treacle once ate the handle). Fudge used to love being combed, and so, it would seem, does Morgan. Bailey isn’t keen though.

And then “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” sent a message. Did I have any photos of the snakes? “Stormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TM didn’t believe that (twenty years ago) I had a houseful of snakes. After a bit of rummaging about I found an archive and posted it where he could see it. In fact anyone with the link can see it, and the link is here. Mind you that website is now over twenty years out of date. I probably won’t ever update it… snakes have been replaced with all sorts of other things in the meantime.

 

And I’m now signing off for a week or so. In the morning I fetch “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” and her entourage who will house-sit for a week (with instructions to supervise the fish and the puppies) and then I’m off to Gran Canaria. See you all in a week or so…

I suppose I should do some packing…

No comments:

Post a Comment