12 June 2022 (Sunday) - Stomach Aches

Oh it was hot last night. Treacle woke me shortly after midnight wanting to be lifted onto the bed, and I saw every  half-hour of the night from then on. I gave up trying to sleep at five o'clock, took the puppies out, then over brekkie watched an episode of "Orange is the New Black" in which our heroines resumed their frankly unmoral ways (which was a result if you like that sort of thing).
Ten minutes into the program “er indoors TM  came down, and the puppies immediately followed her to the loo and then went back up to bed with her. There is no secret as to who their favourite human is.

 

Pausing only briefly to gather some virtual feathers from up and down the road (it's a Munzee thing) I set off to work. As I drove the pundits on the radio were talking about the imminent start of taking illegal immigrants from detention centres in the UK and moving them to Rwuanda. Apparently Prince Charles has described the scheme as "appalling", and the Archbishop of Canterbury ranted about it in a recent sermon. The politician Anne Widdecombe was being interviewed on the matter today. She made some good points. Why are these illegal immigrants coming to the UK in the first place?  Admittedly they are fleeing persecution somewhere or other but having fled they have then travelled hundreds of miles though countries which have signed the same human rights agreements as the UK. It is tragic that so many drown in small boats crossing the channel, but surely the real tragedy is that these deaths are utterly unnecessary as the refugees are perfectly safe on the other side of the English Channel.

But the bottom line (as Ms Widdecombe said) is that pretty much everything else has been tried to deter the illegal immigrants from needlessly risking their lives and pretty much every thing else has failed to deter them, so why not give it a go?

 

I got to work with a serious stomach ache, and had this frankly genius idea that the works canteen's cooked breakfast might sort it out.

It didn't.

I then got on with a rather good morning; the morning only marred by my continually farting like a fruitbat. and visiting the loo every half-hour.

 

I only had to work the morning today, and was home by early afternoon. “er indoors TM had gone off on a mission to see “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” and “Stormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TM. I went into the garden and started mowing the lawn. It took some doing. Partly because I hadn’t mowed it  for some time, and partly because Morgan kept attacking the lawn mower. Threatened with being locked in the house he calmed down somewhat (dogs really do understand English, even if they ignore it most of the time).

I was amazed at how much lawn I mowed; I have an old dustbin into which I put garden waste (it is easier to carry that through the house than the brown council bin), and I filled that dustbin with lawn clippings.

And with lawn mowed I sat down for a rest. I was worn out. And suddenly I was surrounded by four sleeping (and farting) dogs. Clearly watching me mowing the lawn had been hard work too.

 

I then had a concerted attempt at solving geo-puzzles in the area of where we are going on holiday. I say “concerted attempt”… I asked for some pointers on a Facebook puzzle cache help page, and whilst I wasn’t given the answers, I got given pointers to help me solve two of the ones which were giving me grief. But two still remain unsolved. If any of my loyal readers can turn the two pictures above into GPS co-ordinates I would be very  grateful.

I would also be very grateful if the dogs all stopped farting…

No comments:

Post a Comment