26 March 2021 (Friday) - Rather Dull

Sid woke me with a woofing fit just after five o’clock. I rushed downstairs to let hm out, only to find he was still in his bed, fast asleep, and barking in his dreams.

That dream passed, and as he snored I scoffed a bowl of granola whilst watching an episode of “Superstore”. It was probably as well that I was up super-early; the bin men were going up the road and they don’t do anything quietly. The bin men have a new system where two of them go up the road (in advance of the main posse) putting rubbish into piles and screaming profanities across the road at each other as they go. Twenty minutes later the dustbin lorry follows them with half a dozen of them making as much noise as they can. The principle is something along the lines of “if they are up and about at six o’clock then so should everyone else be”.

 

I sparked up my lap-top and Munzeee-ed like a thing possessed; I’ve rather lost interest in Munzee recently. There wasn’t much happening on-line this morning, no squabbles at all, and with no birthdays today I had no birthday videos to send out.

 

I made my way up the road to my car; navigating a course round the bins which had been randomly scattered buy the bin men. As I drove up the motorway the pundits on the radio were trying to make something out of China’s recent imposition of sanctions on the UK. China is doing something that the UK doesn’t like. Judging by the way the Chinese economy and international influence is growing, it won’t be long before the UK won’t dare to mess with the Chinese.

There was also an interview with Max Woosey; an eleven-year-old boy who has spent every night of the last year sleeping in a tent to raise money for his local hospice. His mother wouldn’t shut up about how she doesn’t sleep at night because she worries about the lad in a tent in the garden. The boy described how he has cred himself to sleep because his tent leaks and he is regularly soaked to the skin. One of them was telling porkies.  

Personally it bothers me that hospices are dependent on this sort of thing to keep going. I really do feel that if we stopped fundraising like this then the government (of whatever political party) would be forced to fund hospices properly.

 

Pausing only briefly to pop into Sainsburys (to get the jam I didn’t get on Tuesday) I went into work, did my bit, and came home.

er indoors TM” boiled up a very good bit of dinner which we scoffed watching “Celebrity Bake Off” and washed down with a rather iffy bottle of plonk.

I shall have a headache in the morning; I wonder if I will still ache from yesterday’s gardening.

Today was dull…

No comments:

Post a Comment