30 May 2022 (Monday) - Front Left Legs

Treacle woke me when she came up to bed last night by sitting on my head, and then spend much of the night laying on top of me like a ton weight. I eventually gave up trying to sleep, and once I'd tiddled the puppies I sat with them watching an episode of "Orange is the New Black" as they snored.

 

I didn't look at the Internet this morning; being on an early shift and having seen a lot of delays on the road recently I set off to work promptly. My piss boiled as I listened to the pundits on the radio talking about the latest shooting of children in a school in America. It would seem that absolutely no one is brave enough to tell the American public that having everyone touting guns is a demonstrably stupid idea, and the only things being offered to the bereaved are "thoughts and prayers". And the bereaved are furious as they want something more tangible... Have the God-fearing American public finally worked out that "thoughts and prayers" achieve absolutely nothing?

Fans of the Liverpool football team are up in arms having been tear-gassed in Paris over the weekend. There was apparently unrest at some football match or other over the weekend when thousands of British fans arrived with what the French claim were fake tickets. Were they fake? Possibly. But from personal experience I know that the average Frenchman hates the English with a passion and the average Parisian even more so (I would never go back to Paris!) Am I being xenophobic in wondering if this was too good an opportunity for the French to turn down?

And sports centres up and down the country are struggling to make ends meet as the soaring energy costs are making their swimming pools too expensive to run. Not that I've been swimming for years, but I can always remember the swimming pools I went to being far too hot and humid. Turn the heating down a bit, maybe?

 

I got to work for the early shift and did my bit. Sadly with the "Waddley Doodle" song stuck in my head. Where did that come from? It is a rather annoying little ditty that “Daddy’s Little Angel TM used to squall some twenty-five years ago, and which she claims she has now forgotten. I'll remind her of it...

An early start made for an early finish, but Operation Brock made sure that the early finish didn’t make for an early getting home. But once home I got the dogs onto their leads and we went down to Orlestone Woods where we went all the way round our shorter walk without seeing anyone else. Pogo and Treacle had a good time playing. Morgan joined in with them quite a lot, and Bailey spent much of the time at my ankles whinging. I wish she’d play with the other dogs -  once home she got stuck in all with the rough-and-tumble that was going on.

 

“er indoors TM boiled up a rather good bit of dinner which we scoffed whilst watching an episode of “SAS: Who Dares Wins”. I must admit I don’t like the chap who has taken over from Ant Middleton. Ant Middleton came over as a soldier, this new chap comes over as an actor.

 

As we scoffed and watched we also gently mauled Morgan about. Having charged round the woods like a mad thing and then come home to charge round the house and garden like a mad thing, he was holding his front left leg awkwardly. He doesn’t seem to flinch when we touch or fiddle with his leg, but he is definitely holding it awkwardly. Has he twisted something?

And Bailey has a scar at the top of her front left leg…

No comments:

Post a Comment