22 May 2022 (Sunday) - Sulking

This morning we did the monthly dog flea treatment. Before we started we closed all the doors and cornered the dogs; they hate having it done and always try to escape. Just as we were about to start we spotted a tick in Treacle’s ear. That’s two ticks in her in a week.

With tick removed from ear, all four dogs underwent inspection. Despite particularly grubby lugholes on Morgan, all passed,  and I spent brekkie looking up “ticks” on the Internet. It seems they are on the increase in the UK because of the increase in deer numbers… Deer… We saw loads of deer in Kings Wood last week, and we’ve seen deer in Orlestone before. Is that where they are getting the ticks from? And it seems that the monthly flea treatment doesn’t affect ticks…

 

I had a look at the rest of Facebook. A friend was having a birthday. Finding himself going bald he’s taken to shaving his entire head. I could do that… But then shaving just my face every morning is enough arse-ache.

I saw that someone whose name I didn’t recognise had got married. On closer inspection it turned out that a colleague had got married and had changed her name. That was a surprise. Mind you with regularly being moved from one workplace to another and working various odd hours it is difficult to keep up with what is going on. Mind you… getting married? How did I miss that?

 

I then mowed the lawn… something which is easier said than done. And with lawn mowed I trimmed back all the overgrowth poring over the knacked fence from not-so-nice-next door. Their garden used to be quite pretty back in the day, But since “nutty noodle” disappeared (it must be five years since he was last seen) their garden has become a mess. I did offer to replace that fence last year, but rather than replying, she just ranted some incoherent gibberish.

 

With garden tidied I hung out more washing, then bagged up another load of rubbish for tomorrow’s tip run then we took the dogs round to the park on what must have been one of the worst dog walks ever. I suppose I should have known better; it is always a mistake to go to the park after ten o’clock at the weekend. The normal people are always out in force.

If people, their dogs and children have issues, why go out looking for confrontation? Let’s just say that I managed to drag Pogo away from Thugbert before Pogo got a good kicking, and leave it at that.

 

Once home I sorted the undercrackers that the tumble drier had dried (which was very good of it!), and after a quick bit of bread and cheese I went to bed for the afternoon where I slept on and off in between dogs barking for no reason whatsoever.

I’ve woken with a stinking headache; too much sun whilst mowing the lawn and walking the dogs perhaps?

“er indoors TM is boiling up dinner, and with that scoffed I shall be off to the night shift. I don’t mind doing night shifts when it means I don’t miss much during the day time when I’m asleep, but (I have to admit) I seriously resented having had a pretty much wasted day today…

I shall be in a better mood tomorrow…
 

No comments:

Post a Comment