14 May 2022 (Saturday) - Lazy Day

Last night when I turned the lap-top off it told me it would install some updates before shutting down. After forty minutes it was still doing its thing so I went to bed.

I got up this morning to find it had eventually turned itself off, so I pressed the “on” button then I made toast in a way not unlike how I used to when camping which I hunted here, there and thither to find all the tools and ingredients. Eventually the lap-top sorted itself out, but in total it spent about an hour “updating” to end up marginally slower than it had been before it started.

I had a notification; our Munzee clan has got to level one. That’s rather good going bearing in mind there’s only me and “er indoors TM in it. And then I looked at Facebook. Six friends had a birthday today… “six friends”. Two of them were the same person with duplicate accounts, one hadn’t actually told Facebook today was his birthday, and none of the other three have made any attempt to get in touch whatsoever for over five years.

 

“er indoors TM and I took the dogs out. The plan had been a shortish walk and a pub lunch, but events had conspired against us (actually against our fellow walkers and the chief dog wrangler) so instead we just took the wolf pack to Great Chart and walked from the cricket pitch up to the river where we had great fun. I threw stones into the river and Pogo and Treacle got incredibly over-excited chasing and jumping and swimming after the stones I threw. Morgan and Bailey got incredibly over-excited because Pogo and Treacle were incredibly over-excited.

 

We came home, where we declared “Emergency Plan B”. With little else to do we set about some of the beer in in the house. “er indoors TM made a very good ploughman’s lunch. We scoffed and drank whilst reading books (old skool!)  You can’t beat a bit of “Jeeves and Wooster”.

And then finding myself nodding off I lay down on the sofa where I was very soon underneath a pile of dogs. We all slept for a couple of hours before turning on the telly.

 

The telly was something of a novelty. What with the kitchen mayhem of the last week or so there has been too much stuff in the way of the telly to watch it, but we rearranged the mess so we could see it.

We watched the last episode of the current season of “Star Trek: Picard” in which the writers obviously though that it was time to make an effort. The episode was rather good, with lots of nods to what had gone before, with some surprises… it was just something of a shame that the writers had left it right to the end before making the effort.

And then an episode of “Bake Off: Australia” which was forty minutes shorter than you might think; it is amazing how much time you can save by fast-forwarding through the adverts.

We’ve had a rather lazy day today… but a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment