27 April 2021 (Tuesday) - Exploring

I came downstairs this morning to find that er indoors TM” had had a midnight feast of fried egg on toast, but hadn’t cleared away the evidence.

As I made toast and scoffed it I spent much of the time watching Sid like a hawk after yesterday’s debacle. For a dog which does very little but eat, crap and sleep he was incredibly restless this morning. I took him out twice to no avail.

 

I then had my usual morning’s trawl of the Internet. With not too many arguments abounding I saw that there were those deliberately trying to provoke squabbles on some of the Lego Facebook pages,  and someone else was trying to sell paving slabs which were billed as “clearance – end of line” but were still more expensive than B&Q.

I had an email from the power company. Having spent six months arguing with them and having won my case with the ombudsman, they have now sent a circular saying that their smart meters don’t work. If only they could have said that last October…

I also had an email to tell me that the Apple ID account (that I don’t have) had been hacked, and requests to add people that I don’t know to my LinkedIn account.

 

There was quite a bit of condensation on my car's windscreen this morning. I activated the wipers to shift it, and the action of wiping made it all freeze. That was handy - it didn't take *that* long to scrape off.

As I drove to work the pundits on the radio were talking about the ongoing row over the refurbishment of the Prime Minister's flat.

I couldn't understand what all the row was about. Surely as the official home of the country's leader the nation should pay for it? But after a couple of minutes on the internet it seems that the country pays thirty thousand pounds every year for refurbishing the Prime Minister's flat. Thirty thousand pounds per year!!! - That would be the budget for my house's refurbishing for its entire life. The Prime Minister however would seem to have run up a bill of two hundred thousand pounds and got someone else to foot the bill.

It was alleged that the Prime Minister lied about the affair yesterday. That winds me up too. With the Prime Minister's lies being accepted and expected,  and his ministers openly giving government contracts to their mates, the Conservative party is *still* streets ahead in the polls for next week's elections. Are the opposition parties *really* that crap?

 

I got to work and did my bit, even though I spent quite some time staring out the window watching three ladies videoing something lurking at the base of a tree. I have no idea what it was, but it certainly fascinated them.

 

Another early start made for another early finish, and once home I took the dogs down to Orlestone Woods.  Last Thursday I said of the place “I shall look at the map and see it we can’t extend our walk somewhat”. This evening I took my say-nav “Hannah” along and in a triumph of pot luck I came up with a longer circular walk than the one we usually do.

On the track in the piccie above where the track heads up (in the middle) is the most westerly part of our old walk. As you cn see we’ve added a whole new loop almost doubling the distance… or so it looks on the map. “Hannah” would have me believe that the distance isn’t *that* much more than the original loop. Mind you if you look at the middle piccie above you’ll see a screenshot I took at the end of the walk. “Hannah” thinks I reached a maximum speed of one hundred and thirteen miles per hour at some point on this evening’s walk.

I had planned to make a start tidying up the back yard this evening… I’ll do it tomorrow…

No comments:

Post a Comment