12 December 2017 (Tuesday) - Shivering Between Night Shifts

Overnight my car door had frozen shut. When I eventually prised it open the dashboard thermometer read minus five degrees.
As I drove home the pundits on the radio were saying that it had been the coldest night of the year. They were talking about Brexit (again). A leading American think-tank has announced that the UK will be worse off under Brexit regardless of any possible eventual outcome. Rather depressing.
They then interviewed the newly appointed American ambassador to the United Kingdom. The chap tried to pretend that the “special relationship” between the US and the UK is still alive and kicking despite President Trump’s recent outbursts. I don’t think he was fooling anyone.
For all that the temperature remained freezing, the sun was in my eyes for the entire journey home. I shall wear my sunglasses tomorrow.

I came home to rather excitable dogs. They day was cold, but it was dry. We went round the park for our walk. Treacle enjoyed breaking the ice, and for once Fudge kept up with us; only straggling to make a nuisance of himself around OrangeHead.
It must have been cold; there were lumps of ice floating down the river.
With walk done I had a spot of brekkie whilst watching an episode of “Still Game”, opened today’s window on the advent calendar, and went to bed with a view to sleeping for as long as I could.

After five hours I got up and watched the end of “Miracle on 34th Street”, then made the mistake of washing my car’s windscreen (it was rather grubby). "er indoors TM" and I took the dogs round the block and we came home to find my car’s windscreen had frozen. Oh well, it is clean ice.
I shall scoff tea then scrape it off before another night shift…

No comments:

Post a Comment