27 February 2021 (Saturday) - Klabian Pelf

Yesterday Sid produced a turd the size of a cricket ball whilst he slept and (on waking) followed it with a medley of dung that exceeded the wildest dreams of even his most ardent fans. I woke to the sound of him barking at six o’clock and came downstairs expecting the worst. I was pleasantly surprised to see he just wanted to go out for a tiddle. I let him out and went back to bed.

My knee has been playing up over the last few days. When I got up to see to Sid it was fine. When I got up a couple of hours later it was really painful.

 

Fudge sat with me as I scoffed toast and he scoffed some of the crusts. I saw that as a good sign, but wasn’t too keen on his continually trembling. I sent out quite a few birthday wishes via Facebook, and then saw that I had an email. The nice people at the power company had got back to me to say that since they were taking far too long to deal with such a simple complaint, I had the right to complain to the ombudsman.

So I did.

I have a smart meter that they won’t fix, and they are charging me way over the odds. Let’s see what the ombudsman has to say.

 

I then took Fudge to the vet for a once-over. The vet seemed happy with him, and took some blood to check his renal function.

We came home where I took off the last of Fudge’s bandages (before he ate them) and I then spent a little while pootling in the garden. I pulled a lot of grass out from between stones and out of the gravel, then put my sundial to the right time. You wouldn’t believe just how much time the sundial gains and loses.

 

er indoors TM” and I then loaded all four resident dogs into the back of my car and we drove out to Great Chart where we did a little geocaching. Geo-HQ have created a new thing – a locationless cache. The idea is that you do a little tiding up somewhere in the Great Outdoors, post a photo of what you’ve done on-line, and you get the geo-smiley-face.

We just did our standard walk from the cricket pavilion up to the railway and back again, picking up rubbish as we went. A lot of the rubbish was bags of dog poo. This rather mystified me – why bag the dog poo if you are just going to leave it laying around? There were also quite a few beer bottles in the ditch along the footpath, several discarded face masks laying around, and copious amounts of general rubbish too. As we walked several people thanked us for doing the clear-up. Quite a few people commented on how messy it was, and one chap had a bit of a rant about the mess made by dog walkers whilst glaring at my dogs. Cheeky sod!

I took a few photos as we walked today. I haven’t done that for a while.

I can’t help but think that if everyone took the trouble to clean up (even if only once a year) just one of the stretches along which they walk, then the world would be a much tidier place.

As we walked so the vet phoned with the result of Fudge’s blood tests. His kidney function had massively improved since Wednesday. The results still weren’t what I’d like them to be,  but they won’t be - he's got renal failure...

 

We came home, and er indoors TM” went shopping. I slept in front of the telly for the afternoon until I was woken by a text message. er indoors TM” had written a shopping list and left it at home. Could I tll her what was on the list? I read the list out and got in trouble. I must admit I have no idea what “Klabian Pelf” is; I just read out the shopping list.

With shopping shopped er indoors TM” came home. I thought about asking of she’d acquired any Klabian Pelf, but thought better of doing so. She boiled up a rather good dinner, then we tuned in to the weekly family quiz night. We kicked off with three rounds of bingo (in which I won twenty quid), and followed it up with a frankly brilliant game of “The Price Is Right” in which my score was about ten per cent of that of the second-lowest scoring person.

It really is daft, but we see far more of family during lockdown Zoom than we ever did before Coronageddon.

No comments:

Post a Comment