23 February 2021 (Tuesday) - Delivering Furniture

I was woken by the sound of  Sid shouting, so I came downstairs and chivvied him outside. He wouldn’t go, so I had to physically drag him out where he grudgingly did a tiddle.

I made toast, and spent ten minutes fighting with my Munzee app (which wasn’t working) until er indoors TM” came down at which point Sid (quite literally) crapped himself in excitement. This was excitement I could do without so I took the other three dogs out for a walk. I thought we might try Orlestone Woods today, but it was something of a mistake. Whilst we managed a two-mile walk with only seeing one other group of people (and them at quite a distance) it was really muddy. So muddy that when we got home all three dogs failed inspection and had to be bathed. Mind you that was something of a good thing in that whilst scrubbing I discovered that Fudge had rolled in fox poop when we’d been out.

 

I then got some petrol, and drove down to Hastings. The people from the hospital had taken away the hospital bed from Dad’s living room that mum used (if only for a few short days), and my brother and I got Dad’s sofa out of the shed and put it back into place. Dad was also rather keen that I took a chest of drawers which Mum had promised to “Daddy’s Little Angel TM”. Moving the sofa took ten minutes, and loading up the chest of drawers took five minutes.

Leaving Dad gardening (he was keen to get busy in the garden) I then drove to Folkestone to give the chest of drawers to the most recent fruit of my loin.

As I drove I saw someone dressed as Father Christmas walking their dog in Guestling.

 

I got to Folkestone, dropped off furniture and came home. I spent the afternoon watching episodes of “Four in a Bed”. I do like that show, but it does leave a lot to be desired. One woman in today’s episodes was constantly banging on about her high standards of cleanliness when the cameras revealed that her B&B left a lot to be desired. One of the participants ran a hostel offering beds at twelve quid per night, and another was a spa charging two hundred quid per night. I would stay in either, depending on exactly what I was doing at the time. One would be good for a weekend break. One would be an ideal place to stop on a weekend’s forty-mile hike. You can’t realistically compare the places.

 

With telly watched I took Fudge to the vet to use their scales. The vet had said I might use their scales if I was worried. I was worried, so I used their scales. Fudge is all skin and bone. He brings up his brekkie most days, and in the three weeks since his blood pressure check he’s lost just over a kilogram in weight. I’ve made an appointment for him to see the vet on Thursday.

er indoors TM” boiled up a very good bit of dinner. Just as we started to eat it so Fudge threw up his dinner. I did get him to eat some bits of cheese later in the evening though…

No comments:

Post a Comment