7 February 2021 (Sunday) - Snow

I woke to find the forecast snow had arrived. A blanket of white as far as the eye could see (if only half an inch deep). Very pretty, but rather cold. So cold that Sid didn’t want to go out to “do his thing”, but having got up to a turd-free downstairs, I wasn’t going to give him the option,
Sid “did his thing” on the metal manhole cover just up the garden, and in the few minutes it took me to come clear it, his “things” had frozen.

I made toast and peered into the Internet. It seemed the snow was intermittent across the South East. Some places had half an inch of the stuff (like we had), other places had nothing. Quite a few people were being rather sarcastic on Facebook about preparing for the onslaught of obligatory snow photos. As is always the case, the sarcasm was coming from those who generally contribute absolutely nothing at all to social media. I resisted the urge to point this out to them; being a nosey sort of person I like seeing other people’s photos.

 

With the snow falling rather heavily there wasn’t much that could be done today. I phoned Hastings for an update on Mum – no change. My brother and father were going to see her today, but they had no snow in Hastings. I didn’t fancy driving through the blizzard, and mum would have no idea that I was there. So I went up to the loft room and got on with a Lego project that I’d had in mind for some time. It took my mind off of worrying.

 

Four hours later “er indoors TM” asked if I fancied a little dog walk. The snow had abated somewhat so we walked the hounds up to the co-op field where (after Pogo had barked at all the snowmen) the dogs had a good chase around in the snow. Fudge rolled in the stuff… that is I hope he’d rolled in the snow and not in frozen fox turds.

I took a few photos of the dogs in the snow.

 

We came home for a warming cuppa, and I then continued Lego-ing in the attic room. After seven hours of intense effort I got a reasonable attempt at what I had in mind. You can see it by clicking here. I shall probably add to this project too as time goes by. I have plans to make some custom-built maxifig-sized cars and things…

 

“er indoors TM” boiled up a very good bit of dinner which we scoffed whilst watching the final of “Junior Bake Off” and swilling a bottle of red wine.

Today was something of a lazy day… Judging by the weather forecast there will be more of these over the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment