29 November 2016 (Tuesday) - Introducing Treacle



I slept better last night. I had been undecided about changing jobs for a while and the uncertainty had been preying on my mind. Now the decision is made and I have a start date I feel a little more settled.
Mind you I was still awake long before I needed to be awake this morning.

Over brekkie I watched an episode of “Derek” then had a look-see on the Internet. I’d received a friend request on Facebook overnight. From Hellene Corneil. I wonder who Hellene Corneil is. Apparently she lives in London but is originally from France. From what I can work out we have no friends or interests in common. I wonder why she’s sent me a friend request. Perhaps she fancies me. Understandable, but she’s in for a disappointment. I also saw that the Crystal Maze is to return to the telly.
I then checked my emails to see that (yet again) Amazon was trying to sell me that which I’d already bought from them.

I spent a few minutes scraping the ice from my car then set off to work. It was cold today – the dashboard thermometer in my car read minus six degrees.
The pundits on the radio were spewing their usual drivel but one article made me listen. The auction house Sotheby’s is selling an original musical manuscript written by Beethoven. But a musical expert from Manchester University claimed it was a fake. He listed all sorts of reasons why it was a fake. The chap from Sotheby’s insisted it was genuine and claimed to have a team of experts who would vouch for its veracity. He made great show of the fact that they hadn’t asked the bloke from Manchester University to verify the thing; the implication being that this chap didn’t know the difference between his own arse and a hole in the ground. Said Mancunian then pointed out more problems with the manuscript, and it was at this point that the chap from Sotheby’s told us all that the so-called Beethoven expert hadn’t actually seen the manuscript in question.
Unfortunately the radio presenters stepped in at this point and moved on to the next article. I thought they were going to have a fight.

I did my bit at work, and came home through the cold. I ran "Furry Face TM" round the lock, then a little later we went out to meet "er indoors TM" who had just collected the latest addition to our family.
Treacle” is a little (mostly) black ball of fluff; the result of an unplanned meeting of a pug and a cocker spaniel. Fudge seems quite interested in her; she seems rather unsettled. The evening has been rather fraught…

I never wanted a dog. I’ve now got two…

No comments:

Post a Comment