23 November 2016 (Wednesday) - Broken Fence

My CPAP machine woke me at 4am. It was blowing at storm force 10. I turned it off, went for a tiddle and came back to bed. Having turned it off had reset it and it then gently helped me breathe until "er indoors TM"’s alarm went off at 7.30am.

I checked out the Internet over brekkie. Not much had changed overnight really. Mind you I did have an email from the astro club offering to help us revamp the club’s website to maximise its earning potential (for a price). Hopefully now I’ve tweaked the email links this spamming might abate a little.

I then took "Furry Face TM" for a little walk round the park. There was a minor incident with a cyclist; dogs don’t understand cycle paths. And we met one of the dog walkers we often see. She knows Fudge by name, and commented that he always seems to be a happy dog. I hope he is.

The plan was to do some pootling in the garden before the forecast rain started, but I had a minor shock in the garden. Storm Angus (which hit last weekend) had taken out one of the fence panels. It was one which needed replacing; I’ve actually got its replacement ready to put in place. But there will be a little digging and landscaping involved. If any of my loyal readers are available on Friday morning for an hour’s messing about…

I rooted about in the shed and found some bits and bobs for fence-fixing, but whilst fence-fixing is fun with company it is dull on your own. So I came back inside to find the central heating was still on. I am forever adjusting the timer so it turns off shortly before "er indoors TM" goes to work. How does it switch back?
I then completed the sixth week of the dog psychology course. Today we touched on dingoes – the feral descendants of once-domesticated dogs. I got full marks in the end of week quiz; I was rather pleased about that.

A spot of lunch over an episode of “Game of Thrones”, then I took myself off to bed for the afternoon. I have no trouble nodding off at any time, but today I had cold feet. I can’t find my hot water bottle anywhere. I shall have to get one in Morrisons on my way to work later…

Off to the night shift…

No comments:

Post a Comment