19 July 2021 (Monday) - Freedom Day (?!)

Last night was hot. I woke at least once every hour because of the heat, and much more than that because of restless dogs. Eventually I gave up trying to sleep and came downstairs where I made toast and scoffed it whilst watching an episode of “Fresh Meat” whilst my sixtieth negative COVID test incubated.

I then sparked up the lap-top to register my negative test and to see if I’d missed anything overnight. I saw had a message from “Itz Lizy Bae” a young lady with a rather epic chest and a pair of pants which did a rather poor job of covering her bum. She suggested I might like to invest in “BIT Investment – a platform where you can make a fortune”. I did think that “Itz Lizy Bae” might like to invest in that. If she were to make a fortune she might be able to afford some clothes.

I sent out some birthday wishes then rolled my eyes as I read about “Freedom Day” Today has been billed as “Freedom Day” in which the government dropped most of the COVID restrictions despite infection rates demonstrably going through the roof.

The public are being asked to use common sense…

This is the same public many of whom phoned the emergency services where there was a tram crash on “Coronation Street”, and sent the BBC tens of thousands of pounds to pay for a wedding between two of the poorer characters in “Eastenders”. Some of the more genius of the public were on Facebook this morning posting that “Lions don’t wear masks”.

This “using common sense” is going to work, isn’t it!

 

The most obvious effect of this easing to me is the closure of the M20 motorway with the re-introduction of “Operation Brock” for no apparent reason. As I crawled up the motorway the pundits on the radio were talking about just how many people are self-isolating across the country. Despite all the COVID restrictions having been thrown out the window, the head honcho at the supermarket chain Iceland said that they were having to close stores as they had over a thousand of their employees isolating. And some chap from the RMT union claimed that a quarter of all rail staff in the North-East were isolating.

There was quite a bit of consternation being expressed on the matter seeing how the Prime Minister himself had been told to isolate himself at the weekend and had tried to weasel his way out of doing that which he currently demands of everyone else.

(And *still* the electorate see him as a better option than any of the alternatives. Speaks volumes about Sir Kier Starmer and whoever is in charge of the Dribbling Democraps, doesn't it?)

 

The weather forecast for today then came on, and predicted "Gin clear skies". I'd never heard that expression today. I looked it up on the Internet. Its meaning was utterly unlike what happened.

 

We had a good day at work. Not only did two different people bring in cake, we had an impromptu half-hour display of gymnastics just outside our window from some chap wearing a pair of orange pants. I was quite impressed, both at the gymnastic prowess, and at the pants. I probably spent far too long watching him and yrying to take photos.

He started off doing rather impressive back flips and cartwheels. But he did start to go down in my estimation though when he tried and failed to do the W.O.R.M. a la “Scotty Too Hotty”. I could tell he was running out of ideas when he was crawling round pretending to be a tiger, and it was shortly after he had a fight with a tree that a nice lady came out and led him away.

After that the rest of the day was something of an anticlimax…

No comments:

Post a Comment