31 October 2023 (Tuesday) - Dying to Death

There’s no denying that I had a bad night. I dozed on and off until half past seven in between coughing and sniffing fits before getting up and spending a couple of hours on the sofa continuing to cough and sniff until my stomach hurt.
 
I must admit to being really hacked off with this COVID lark; the last time I had it, I wasn’t ill at all. The rules said that I had to stay away from everyone else all the time that I was infectious and so I effectively had a bonus week’s holiday. When I was told yesterday that I can’t come in to work for a week I thought I might get another.
But this time I’m ill.
I spent most of the day on the sofa watching all sorts of tripe. “Blue Planet” and a documentary about snow leopards on the Eden channel, something about a huge oil tanker, and more “Four In A Bed” in which the woman who’d spent three episodes telling everyone how clean her place was had dust thick enough in which to write your name.
 
Once she’d done her day’s work “er indoors TM drove Daddy’s Little Angel TM”, “Darcie Waa Waa TM and Pogo home. As we’d all gone down with disease it seemed sensible to suffer together, but with “Darcie Waa Waa TM seemingly on the mend “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” thought it best to go home.
As they went home I was charged with making our dinner. I have a special recipe; I chop up all the leftovers from yesterday’s dinner and bung it in a pot together with all the apples and bananas and pineapples that “Darcie Waa Waa TMhadn’t finished. I then stick a little water into the brown sauce and ketchup bottles that are almost (but not quite) empty and squirt that in the pot, then have a rummage round the fridge and the cupboards to see what else I can find. I let it all simmer for an hour or so before serving it all up with rice. Bish bosh(!)
 
As I cooked I dug out the thermometer and measured my temperature. It was thirty-eight degrees (Celsius) which is high enough to count as a fever.
I said I was poorly…
Mind you today’s step count was over a thousand… just.

No comments:

Post a Comment