16 October 2023 (Monday) - Bird Fights

Morgan jumped off of the bed with a crash at half past three. I hurried after him to find him waiting by the back door. He went out, and after a few minutes came back in again. I wasn't going out with him; it was a tad chilly. We all went back to bed and (thankfully) unlike yesterday that was it for being up in the night.
 
Over a bit of toast I watched another episode of "Alice in Wonderland"; for a post-apocalyptic series set in a world in which pretty much everyone but a very small number of people have died, there seems to be an awful lot of survivors cropping up. I suppose the writers suddenly realised that with a cast of a precious few, wantonly mowing people down with machine guns on a regular basis soon eats through your available characters.
I got dressed... then got dressed again properly. I'd no idea just how uncomfortable it would be to have pants on back-to-front. And then I set off... and realised that it was officially winter. "Official Winter" starts when the car is covered in ice for the first time since summer, and I had to do some vigorous scraping this morning.
 
I had a quick Munzee session in which I capped a dozen (rather dull) points of interest and a Space Manatee (which was also on the dull side) then set off up the motorway. Today I was working at Maidstone; it’s a much easier journey.
As I drove the pundits on the radio were interviewing the deputy leader of the Scottish Nationalist party who ranted that pretty much all the failings of the Scottish Nationalist government in Scotland are down to the actions of of the English. And there was also an interview with the Israeli ambassador to the UK who answered ever suggestion that the Israelis are being heavy-handed in Gaza with the rant that the UK fought a war eighty years ago so we were in no position to take the moral high ground.
There was quite a bit of ranting on the radio this morning; being English certainly wasn’t seen as being a good thing by some parts of the rest of the world.
It was also pointed out that sixty years ago today the Lava lamp was invented, and a hundred years ago today the Disney corporation was founded. Don’t say I never learn you nuffink!
 
I got to work a tad early so I made a cuppa and used my phone to tune in to my morning Facebook fix.
A friend had been taken ill yesterday; he's now on the mend. I've not seen him for some time; if he didn't live sixty miles away I'd see him more often. I find this more and more. Back in the day I was much more outgoing and sociable and spent so much time with so many people. These days I rarely see anyone outside of family. I really should do something about that.
 
Work was much the same as ever. Unlike yesterday I did spend some time looking out of the window today. As the day went on so a flock of starlings and a flock of goldfinches were having an ongoing battle for who would have the top of the biggest tree outside our window. At first it was the starlings who chased off the goldfinches. But the finches came back with reinforcements… and so the battle ebbed and flowed. It was all a rather gentle spat, but entertaining nonetheless.
 
With work done I came home. Coming home down the motorway is much easier than coming home cross-country. We fed the dogs and gave Morgan his medicine; he was well enough to put up a fight about that.
“er indoors TM boiled up dinner and then went off bowling. I put more “Alice in Borderland” on the telly and ironed shirts.
I hope Morgan sleeps better tonight… I need a decent night’s sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment