13 October 2023 (Friday) - A Housefull

Treacle was snarling for absolutely no reason at all at three o'clock this morning. That woke me up. And on hearing Morgan running downstairs at four o'clock I got up and chased after him. It was pouring hard outside but he still went out; it must have been urgent.
I gave up trying to sleep at five o'clock and watched the first episode in the second season of "Alice in Borderland" which was more like an episode of Alexei Sayle's "Things Exploding", then got ready for work.
 
This morning the lights on my car seemed OK - they worked, and there were no warnings coming up. I headed off west-wards listening to the pundits on the radio who were again talking about the deteriorating situation in Gaza. Apparently the Israelis have ordered a million people to sling their hooks and move. The United Nations have asked them not to say that, as it is clearly impossible for a million people to sling their hooks and move but the Israelis remain adamant.
Meanwhile the Americans and the UK are sending warships to help the Israelis anyway. I expect the Ukrainians must be rather pissed off about that.
 
As I drove through a rather dark rainy morning I think I inadvertently found a road race. A couple of cars dangerously overtook me at Biddenden and then drove as close as possible to the back end of the car in front for several miles. This sort of thing happens rather often... a clear sign of the absence of police on the roads.
 
I got to work and did that which I couldn't avoid. But being on an early was a result. Once I was done I drove down to Folkestone to collect “Daddy’s Little Angel TM”, “Stormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TM, “Darcie Waa Waa TM and Pogo.
As we drove home so the warning about the iffy rear light came on again. Just the warning though. The light seems OK.
 
Once home we had a “Dogs Chaos” five minutes in the garden, then watched some Lube-Tube videos (as I am reliably informed “You Tube is pronounced). We sang our own words to some of the songs… “There Was a Man Who Had a Dog and Desmond Was His Name-O”. For some reason Darcie Waa Waa TM thought this was hilarious.
After a couple of hours “er indoors TM and Stormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TM went up the KFC. They came back with dinner which included baked beans… “Beans Beans, the Wonderful Fruit. The More You Eat, The More You Diarrhea”. Apparently.
In a novel break with tradition the dogs were shut in the lobby so we could eat without scrounging pups harassing us. They weren’t keen on that.
 
“er indoors TM and “Stormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TM are currently making all sorts of things with her craft stuff. “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” and “Darcie Waa Waa TM have thrown in the sponge and gone to bed.
I’m biding my time… I’ve heard rumours of jelly and ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment