11 October 2023 (Wednesday) - Bit Tired

Having spent much of yesterday afternoon asleep it's probably not surprising that I woke feeling full of beans and raring to go at twenty to two this morning. I lay dozing on and off until three o'clock when I heard a thud. One of the dogs was going downstairs. They only do that for one reason so I hurried after whichever one it was. As I suspected it was Morgan; he's had an iffy rear end for a day or so and I'd rather he did what he had to do outside rather than on the carpet. Sadly our getting up meant everyone else followed us, and we were all restless for a while. (I say "we" - I could quite happily have gone back to kip given half a chance).
When Morgan got up again at five o'clock I saw that as God's way of saying I'd wallowed in my pit for quite long enough.
 
Once he'd "raked out" in the garden I made toast and watched another episode of "Alice in Borderland". It's a good show spoiled by sloppy writing. Take today's episode in which fifty-eight people were involved in a game-to-the-death. After seemingly endless killings, at the end there were clearly over a hundred contestants still going strong.
I got ready for work; by this time everyone else had settled and were all sparko...
 
As I started my car so  the alarm about checking the tail light came on. Even though the tail light came on. The garage says the sensor is at fault here; I shall have to put up with this until they can fix it.
As I drove west-wards the pundits on the radio were talking about the frankly awful situation in Gaza where no end of innocents are again suffering. This morning they were interviewing someone from the UK luxury foods industry who had the arse about the war, or more specifically the media's coverage of it.  Apparently the constant mention of ongoing atrocities makes people in the UK realise just how lucky they are, and so they spend any spare cash on charity donations for international aid and stop buying caviar, champagne and brandy. The implication was that if people want to have wars, that is all very well. But could they do it quietly and not cut into the luxury market's profit margins.
First world problems, eh?
There was also a report from the Labour party conference claiming that if (when) they come into power the Labour party is going to build one and a half million new houses. I wonder where? Certainly not between Ashford and Pembury; the Conservatives have beaten them to pretty much every spare scrap of land there.
And then my piss boiled at the "Thought for the Day" in which some vicar or other earnestly explained that it was natural for us all to be angry with his God for seeming to be doing nothing about the ongoing situation in Gaza. He totally glossed over the demonstrable fact that his God really isn't actually doing anything...
 
With a few minutes spare I took a little diversion through Staplehurst on my way to work. Having solved several geo-puzzles in the area I expect we'll be going for a walk there some time soon. There are four multi-geocaches up the high street where you have to go to a location and get information on the spot to solve a different sort of geo-puzzle. I got all the information required to find them (as well as dinner from Greggs) and set off to work.
 
Work was work… the morning wasn’t so bad. The afternoon was somewhat marred by the guts ache that the baguette from Greggs gave me. It looked so nice as well.
 
I came home where “er indoors TM boiled up a very good bit of dinner which we washed down with a bottle of plonk whilst watching more “Detectorists”.
The dogs all seem rather subdued and slept much of the evening… perhaps (like babies) they should be kept active and awake to ensure a good night’s sleep? I’m going to plot where these four multi-geocaches are, and see if I can’t plan a little walk in the area.
If I can stay awake…

 

No comments:

Post a Comment