8 October 2023 (Sunday) - This n That

I slept like a log with the bed to myself last night. I eventually woke to the sounds of “Darcie Waa Waa TM jabbering away to herself just after eight o’clock. She jabbers and chatters away, but none of it is in English.
We all got up and had an hour or so chattering at the dogs and feeding the fish and singing the “Nanny’s In The Toilet” song and throwing wet cornflakes around the room and trying to snog the dogs..
Once the washing machine had stopped I hung out the washing… and immediately brought it all back in to hang over the banister and the clothes horse. The idiot in the house over the way was having a bonfire. I pointed out to him that he might want to bring his own clothes in off of his washing line as his smoke would make them stink. He assured me his bonfire wasn’t a barbecue… and then pretended he couldn’t speak English. Interestingly his wife then started shrieking at him and the bonfire was out within seconds.
 
Darcie Waa Waa TM seemed very content being with her nanny, and Treacle was definitely staring at me expectantly, so I took the dogs out. Just lately the Munzee app has been playing up a lot (and there has been endless complaints on various Facebook groups) so I thought I’d take the dogs round the roads on a little Munzee session. As we walked we met a few other dogs who barked and snapped at us; Morgan totally ignored them. As we walked we met Bernie; it was as well he said “hello” as I was miles away. It was good to catch up.
We had a good little walk, but Munzee-wise we proved a point. The app was slow to the point of being useless.
 
We came home. “er indoors TM took “Darcie Waa Waa TM home and I had a very late catch-up on what was happening in the on-line world.
I had an urgent email from the nice people at Credit Karma. My credit score has gone down by eleven points over the last month. The nice people at Credit Karma seemed utterly unable to explain why though. However they did suggest I ask for a higher limit on my credit card, and that I pay for a lot more things with that credit card. Personally I’m not keen on spending money when I don’t have to, just to increase some meaningless number.
And it would seem there was an incident at one of the later Dog Club sessions yesterday. Some chap was having a rant about how disorganised it all was, and then blocked the Dog Club admins so’s they couldn’t find out what the issue was.
 
We then had something of a lazy afternoon sitting in the garden (recovering from “Darcie Waa Waa TM). As I read more of “Game of Thrones” on the Kindle app I chuckled at a pigeon. This pigeon would land on one side of the pond, and as the dogs all ran at it, so it would fly over to the other side of the pond, then fly onto the fence, then fly into a tree overlooking the garden until the dogs lost interest in it. Then it would come back and repeat itself until the dogs calmed down. Watching the pigeon it was deliberately provoking the dogs.
I then had a little sleep whilst “er indoors TM got on with painting the back room. I won’t say she got more on Treacle than she did on the walls (as she didn’t) but there was certainly more on Treacle than there might have been.
 
Having done the painting, “er indoors TM then boiled up a very good bit of dinner which we scoffed whilst watching a couple of episodes of “Detectorists”; I’d forgotten just how good that show was.

No comments:

Post a Comment