30 October 2023 (Monday) - Diseased

On Saturday I mentioned that I’d I was feeling grim, but had done a rona test and it was negative. I perked up a bit yesterday, but as the evening wore on I wasn’t feeing very good. I had an early night, but was coughing and headaching and the throat was getting iffier. I got up for a wazz at half past three, and whilst I was at it I did another rona test. This one was positive.
I immediately messaged the works WhatsApp group to say I wouldn’t be showing up for the early shift, and was surprised at just how many colleagues were awake that early.
 
I went back to bed, but didn’t sleep much. With “Daddy’s Little Angel TM”, “Darcie Waa Waa TM and Pogo all in the attic room the dogs were all rather excited at every sound that came from above. There was a particularly loud crash just after half past four; I rather expected Pogo to be coming through the ceiling.
 
I got up shortly before eight o’clock, had a very impressive coughing fit, and made myself some brekkie whilst everyone else was fast asleep.
There was a picture of some children and a horse on one of the Facebook 1970s TV shows pages, and quite a bitter argument was going on about whether the picture was from “Follyfoot” or “Black Beauty”. As if it really mattered.
I can remember every Sunday evening having to have the start of “Black Beauty” on the telly. In the lead-up to the show my brother would be shouting “Black Du-Du, Black Du-Du”. He would burst into tears during the theme tune, and with the theme tune done we could turn the telly off as he’d then lost interest. He used to do the same with episode of “The Good Life” too.
Happy days.
Not much else was happening on Facebook really, so I had a look at my in-box.
I had an email from YouGov about the surveys I do for them (sometimes). In September I did two surveys which was a response rate of only eight per cent (apparently I ignored ninety-two per cent of the emails they sent me) but I was still in the top thirty-six per cent of respondents.
 
I phoned in to work to find out what the drill was… Apparently today is counted as “Day Zero”; I have to be off until Day Five… so that’s a week off work for me. Ironic really… there is so much I could be doing, and I feel like death warmed up.
Having been awake for much of the night I then slept on the sofa (under a pile of dogs) for two hours. “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” and “Darcie Waa Waa TM got up five minutes before mid-day
 
We put “The Phantom Tollbooth” on to Amazon Prime and slept through most of it, then put several episodes of “South Park” onto Paramount Plus and slept through those too.
Usually on an average day my watch tells me that I walk over six thousand steps a day; and over twelve thousand on a dog walk day. Today by eight o’clock in the evening I still hadn’t done five hundred steps.
 
The last time I had rona I must admit I wasn’t impressed with it. At the time I wrote “I must admit that I feel as though I’m testing positive for COVID as opposed to actually having the thing, and I think it fair to say that compared to thousands I seem to have got off very lightly”.
This time I can see what all the fuss is about… I feel rather grotty to say the least….

No comments:

Post a Comment