7 October 2023 (Saturday) - Dog Club, A Walk, A Sleepover

I slept well. As I scoffed toast I was messaging a friend in the hope of getting a hint for the solution to a geo-puzzle that had eluded me. He was bemoaning how he’d offered to help with a local scout group. Had he made a mistake in offering? He was beginning to wonder. This made me think me of my time as a cub scout leader…
I saw (through Facebook) that several other friends were on foreign holidays, and there was a rather amazing argument going on in which some religious idiot was claiming that the Bible was true for the simple reason that it said it was. When challenged to come up with non-biblical proof the fellow was amazed to ask how anything non-biblical might be used to prove the bible. It is always best not to argue with the righteous…
 
Being Saturday we set off to Dog Club. It was rather good. The puppies charged around like things possessed with new and old friends. Treacle tolerated the other dogs as I shared treats with them all. There were a few new dogs (and people) along today; everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. At one point I counted dogs… I’m not sure I got the count right but I was surprised at how low the number was (mid-teens); it seemed a whole lot higher.
After Dog Club we set off west-wards. In a novel break with tradition Steve wasn’t on the radio today; his replacement wasn’t as good. There were no quizzes or competitions and the reception was nowhere near as good as it usually is so we turned over to “er indoors TM’s choice of music which featured far less “Ivor Biggun” than mine does.
 
Our plan for today was to walk round Hemsted forest. In years gone by I had a Sparks-themed series of geocaches in those woods, but like all series of geocaches they soon ran their course. Last summer I archived them, and a few months ago a friend asked if I was going to replace them. I wasn’t intending to, so she asked if I would mind if she put some caches out in those woods.
Fine by me!!
She did, and today we went to go find them. It was a shame that our visit coincided with some girl guide event, but the woods was plenty big enough for all of us. I’d forgotten how pretty those woods are. My main memory of the place was how muddy it is in winter, but today there wasn’t *that* much mud. Treacle found some swamps though; that’s the kind of dog she is. Our route (for the most part) followed a different route to the one I set out (four years ago) and so we explored different paths. Geocaching-wise it was a very good walk with some easy and some not-so-easy hides.
I took a few photos of the day. It was only a shame that my GPS was playing up. It took ten minutes to realise we were in Hemsted forest and not at home, and it did struggle to settle on locations; seemingly unable to get to more than twenty feet accuracy. Mind you, “Hannah” is eight years old; how long do these things last?
 
Once home I strained my brain on some geo-puzzles. If any of my loyal readers can make (Half a ton – urban) / 11 come out to eight, nine or ten, please let me know.
 
“er indoors TM then set off to collect “Darcie Waa Waa TM; with “Daddy’s Little Angel TMoff out with her mates, we were looking after littlun. The girls soon returned home and we had a rather good evening singing songs and scoffing KFC.
“er indoors TM and “Darcie Waa Waa TM have gone up to the attic room followed by a mass exodus of the entire wolf-pack.
I’m going to stare at the telly for a bit then hopefully have a bit of space in the bed (for once)

No comments:

Post a Comment