16 May 2023 (Tuesday) - Early Shift

 

I woke far too early, but I do that. I got up taking care not to disturb the dogs, but once I was up they were immediately into the warm spot I'd left.

I made toast, watched an episode of "Shameless" and set off work-wards.
 
As I drove there was talk on the radio of Suella Braverman (the Home Secretary) who is apparently undermining the Prime Minister in what is being billed as the first move in her campaign to become leader of the Conservatives. I can't pretend to be their number one fan, but surely what that lot need right now is stability, isn't it? Or has she seen the writing on the wall and has decided her future is better leading the opposition rather than leading the country?
And crude oil prices are falling. Apparently this is seen as a long-term trend as Green energy is becoming less of a crackpot scheme and more of a reality.
Here's hoping.
 
I got to work for the early shift and did my bit. In pain. On Saturday “er indoors TM shut my hand in the fridge door, and yesterday I went arse over tit down the stairs and strained my knee. One of the worst things about getting old is that I hurt pretty much all the time, and knacked fingers and knees don't help.
 
I had this plan to get petrol tomorrow morning on the way to work, if only because it is six pence a litre cheaper in Aylesford. But the “Get some petrol” alarm came on just as I got onto the motorway to come home this afternoon. Nine days ago I mentioned that I got four hundred and eighty miles from a tank of petrol; this time I only got four hundred and forty. Is that a result of a week (or so) going up and down the motorway as opposed to country lanes?
 
I got petrol, collected the dogs and took them to Orlestone. A couple of weeks ago I mentioned about Morgan being wilful at Orlestone; he didn’t run off at all today, he came back to the whistle… but he (and Bailey) certainly seemed to be bolder and braver in Orlestone than they are in Kings Wood.
I shall take them to Kings Wood tomorrow for a “compare and contrast”.
 
After yesterday I went to work today for a bit of a rest… I think I’m still worn out from yesterday’s Darcie Waa Waa TM session

No comments:

Post a Comment