27 May 2023 (Saturday) - Dog Club, Wherigo, Garden... Busy

This morning the Internet was heaving with reviews about the latest Sparks album which was released yesterday. I’ve not listened to it yet. I’m in no rush to do so.
I blame the internet.
In the Internet’s early days I learned of the release date of their seventeenth album. I can remember taking a day off work in 1997 and going to London to get the CD (long before streaming and having stuff delivered). I enjoyed that album. Since then every Sparks album has come with months of on-line build up and hype and (to quote Sparks themselves) “nothing is as good as they say it is”. Be it Sparks albums, new episodes of Star Trek, the Harry Potter films… nothing lives up to the hype.
 
As I finished toast so Morgan came down and asked to go outside. I had a sudden realization that he’s now toilet trained. To be fair he has been for some months, but the moment he walks in the general direction of the back door I sprint to it just in case he won’t wait. And I check the back bedroom for turds every day – even though he’s not done any there for months.
 
We got ready for the day. I did have the offer to walk with family from Hastings to Rye today. I considered going. Back in the day I would have been up for that, but these days twelve miles is perhaps a tad ambitious.
Instead we started off with our usual Saturday morning at Dog Club. We had a good session; as it is getting warmer so more and more people are coming along. Bailey and Morgan had a great time; Treacle tolerated the other dogs; far more than she would have done in the past.
 
With Dog Club done we set off toward Kings Wood. As we drove we listened to Steve on the radio. The mystery year was *definitely* 1989… right up to the last clue. The great storm was 1987… ten days after “My Boy TM” was born.
We got to Kings Wood where we met Karl, Tracey and Charlotte. The plan for today was a rather sedate walk playing some Wherigos as we went. I’ve put so much effort into making the things it was good to see them in use.
The Crystal Maze played as it should. Where (do) I Go worked well… even if I did find a load of spelling mistakes in it. And the Canine Conundrum is always fun. It’s the old fox – chicken – corn puzzle but with a twist.
And with the Wherigo bits of our day done we had a gentle walk through the woods spotting woodpeckers and lizards. At the furthest point from the car we had a rather good picnic in the sun.
I took a few photos (and screenshots of the Wherigos) as we went.
I’ve missed our weekend outings…
 
We came home rather earlier than I had expected. Rather than sitting on my bum and wasting the afternoon I got on with some of the chores I had planned for tomorrow morning. I strimmed the lawn’s edges and mowed the rest of it. I ran out the hose to top up the pond and cleaned the filter (such an easy job these days). I sorted the shingle around one of the potted shrubs, then watered the potted plants.
And even gave myself a haircut.
 
“er indoors TM set off to babysit Stormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TMand “Darcie Waa Waa TM whilst “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” went off to some comedy show. I wanted to see the littluns, but I don’t like leaving the dogs.
I should have gone to see the littluns. The dogs usually sleep very well after Dog Club. After Dog Club followed by a four-mile trip round the woods they were asleep from the moment we came home. They got up for a tiddle and dinner at half past eight, and all three went straight back to sleep.
 
As they slept and “er indoors TMbabysat I set about ironing whilst watching more episodes of “Shameless”.
The shirts, trousers and bandannas have come out OK… but in retrospect sticking my best tie through the washing machine was something of a mistake. The poor thing is poggered beyond redemption.
I wonder if I can get a new one from Amazon?

No comments:

Post a Comment