9 May 2023 (Tuesday) - Oh, I Ache...

 

I heaved my aching carcass out of its pit, made toast and started watching an episode of "Shameless" as I sorted the undercrackers... then gave up sorting. The tumble-drier had done a rather shoddy job; they were all still rather damp. So I had words with the tumble-drier, and bunged them all back in again. Hopefully it did a better job on them second time round as I set off on a little pre-work Munzee mission.
 
I capped some dull Points of Interest then set off up the motorway listening to the radio as I went. Radio Four now has a WhatsApp channel on which you can contact the pundits on the radio. Though why you might want to do that is beyond me. The idea of national radio is that the pundits on that radio tell me what is happening, not vice-versa. It was a shame they didn't really have anything of note to tell me today though. They didn't shut up once during the forty minutes it took to get to work, but they didn't actually say anything worth listening to the entire way.
I got to work earlier than I might have done, so went for a little walk capping some QrewZees as I went (as one does), then had a cuppa and had a look at Facebook before I started work. There was a minor squabble kicking off on one of the UK Koi-keeping Facebook pages in which various people who have their own ways of doing things were getting rather nasty with anyone who dared to do anything different to how they did things. No one squabbling seemed to realise that everyone else was quite successfully keeping fish despite what they were doing.
 
Work was work. As I worked I had a phone call about my ENT appointment scheduled for later in the week. Originally my appointment was planned for tomorrow but it got moved to Thursday (or so I thought). I've had reminders about appointments planned for both tomorrow and Thursday, so I'd phoned and asked them to tell me what was going on. The nice lady phoned had back to tell me that the IT system of the hospital (where the appointment is happening) can't cope with appointments being changed, and so it sends out reminders about every appointment that has ever been made, regardless of whether it is actually happening or if it has been cancelled.
The nice lady apologised; she said that everyone in their hospital knows about this issue, but no one is able to do anything about it. She said she was getting rather fed up with it. You'd think that someone would have sorted it, but as anyone who has ever used IT realises, it is never quite that simple.
 
“er indoors TM sorted dinner which we scoffed whilst watching an episode of “The Great”, then we tried watching something else we’d recorded. Sadly whatever it was had the sign language interpreter thrashing about on the side of the screen. I’m sure that there are many who appreciate this, and I’m sure the failing is mine, but for me the sign language interpreter is too distracting to let me watch whatever it is that they are interpreting.
 
And I still ache. I must have overdone it yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment