19 May 2023 (Friday) - Dull (Apart From The Cake)

I had a better night's sleep than I have had for some time, but still found myself wide awake far too early. I made toast and watched another episode of "Shameless". I'm now into the third or fourth season and am sadly wondering if I've reached the point at which most of the original cast have got better offers and the scriptwriters ran out of ideas.
With telly watched I had a look at Facebook. A church-going friend has had a heart attack, and her family are asking for prayers for her. How does that work? I *seriously* don't understand this one. Why would a loving god allow the heart attack in the first place?  Does this god have the ability to allow her to get better? And if so, is it rather capricious in its decision, and would it be swayed by our begging?
As someone who was so into religion back in the day, I *really* don't understand any of it today.
 
I set off to work. Pausing only briefly to deploy a Golden Carrot I was soon on my way up the motorway. As I drove the pundits on the radio were talking about the summit meeting of the leaders of the G7 nations. They are planning all sorts of sanctions against Russia. I wonder why; it is quite apparent to anyone reading the news that the Russian leadership isn't taking any notice of international opinion over the war in Ukraine.
And there was quite a bit of consternation being expressed by teachers who want formal guidance for how to deal with pupils claiming to be transsexual.
It seems that a lot of bodies and organisations have all issued guidance on how to handle trans pupils, all of the guidance being contradictory. Whilst I don't doubt that there really are trans people who have serious needs and issues, in the first instance the teachers need to be able to distinguish between the genuine trans and those jumping on the bandwagon, don't they? Can my granddaughter *seriously* have twenty trans classmates (out of thirty)?
Am I being cynical in saying that I identify as a six feet four inch tall multi-millionaire with a full head of hair who is five stone lighter than I currently am?
 
I got to work; there was cake. I did my bit. After work I popped in to the vet’s where I got flea treatments for the dogs, then came home to find “er indoors TM off out to Folkestone. Fortunately she’d let me some dinner which I scoffed whilst watching telly and doing the ironing.
You can’t beat ironing, can you?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment