3 May 2023 (Wednesday) - So Dull

I slept like a log, but still woke aching. I made toast and had a look at a rather dull Internet. On seeing no one had anything much to say I turned to the Munzee map and planned my route to work. Today was the start of May’s Clan War, and being the third of the month I could do Qrewzees (as one does). Not that there looked like many on the way to Pembury.
There were three in Orlestone Woods though…
 
I drove the dogs down to Orlestone. As we drove the defence minister was talking about security precautions for Saturday’s coronation. He seemed to be more concerned about foreign terrorists causing problems to highlight issues which are nothing at all to do with the UK. I must admit I would have been more impressed with him had he not talked about foreign nationals’ domestic disputes “hundreds of thousands of miles away”. When you bear in mind that there is nowhere on Earth which is as much as thirteen thousand miles from where the coronation is happening, I wonder where the defence minister thinks these foreign terrorists are coming from. Mars, perhaps?
 
We got to the woods and did our usual walk. As we went we chased squirrels and ate rabbit poo. Bailey and Morgan avoided the swamps, but Treacle just stomped straight through them.
We met one other dog-walker today; she seemed more bothered by the puppies than her dogs were. Sadly she didn’t seem to be the usual sort of dog-walker that walks dogs in the woods. I’ve often wondered why people have their dogs on leads in the depths of a wood. If there was anywhere where you would let the dogs run, it is in the middle of a wood. If you don’t want your dog mixing with other dogs, why not walk your dog round the streets where every dog is on a lead?
 
We came home, and as Treacle barked at absolutely nothing at all I worked on my current Wherigo project. Just putting GC codes and final co-ordinates into pictures took an hour. I then spent ten minutes on the phone to solicitors and estate agents, then set off to work.
 
Yesterday I had a fairly decent run to work; today I found myself behind every slow-arse on the planet, and had quite the delay at Goudhurst. A lorry far too big to negotiate the chicane had just scraped its way through the narrow corners, and was then followed by about fifteen minutes' worth of traffic who had been following hot on its heels. The seemingly continual delay at Goudhurst isn't just the huge lorries which get physically stuck; it is all the arrogant drivers behind the lorry who won't give way to oncoming traffic.
And then to add insult to injury there was a five minute delay two miles further on. Another huge lorry had ignored the signs and was heading up to Goudhurst, and the chap several cars in front of me had driven his car over to the centre of the road forcing the huge lorry to stop. He'd then got out of the car and was shouting abuse at the driver who was on his way to get stuck.
It was all rather embarrassing.
Had the shouty idiot said "you should turn your lorry round at the earliest opportunity as it won't get through the corner two miles ahead" everyone would have been happy. Instead the chap was just bellowing personal abuse, and the lorry driver (quite understandably) had wound up his windows and was waiting for the shouty idiot to go away.
 
I got to work and got one Qrewzee. I would have got three in Orlestone earlier had there been any phone signal.
As I worked “er indoors TM sent me the message that the razor blades had arrived. She'd had to tell the delivery chap her year of birth before he handed them over. No one's ever asked me that whenever I've bought razor blades.
And the vets sent a message. The pups' vaccinations are due. I booked an appointment for them... they won't like it.
 
Having had a bad drive in to work, the drive home was even worse. I found myself stuck behind a tractor pulling a load of hay bales for five miles. What’s a tractor doing on the A28 at ten o’clock at night?
Some days in my life are rather eventful. Some are fun... to be honest the best part of today was all over by nine o'clock as the dog walk ended. Today was dull.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment