12 May 2023 (Friday) - Feeling Tired

I woke at 12:40am this morning as one of the dogs (Bailey?) started licking my head, and I then spent much of the rest of the night fighting a losing war with the puppies for bed space. Treacle has realised there is plenty of space at the foot of the bed and dosses down there. Perhaps I should take a leaf out of her book?
I eventually gave up trying to sleep.
 
 I made toast, watched an episode of "Shameless" and then rolled my eyes at today's squabble on Facebook. There were those who seem to have vast reservoirs of rain water with which to fill their garden ponds as they claim that the chlorine in tap water would kill their fish stone dead. There were those who were laughing at them; claiming that they've been filling their ponds from the tap for years with no adverse effects (like I have been doing). But I'm not going to quibble; if someone wants to fart around collecting rain water, good luck to them. Mind you I'm intrigued about how they stop it going stagnant during storage.
 
As I drove up the motorway the pundits on the radio were talking about how astronomers have discovered the biggest explosion in the history of the universe. Ten times bigger than anything ever seen. Quite a wallop! Probably almost as loud as the bin men were this morning.
And then my piss boiled. I was originally supposed to be on the night shift today. I'd moved heaven and earth to swap so's I could go out on the razzle in Folkestone this evening and it turns out there's a train strike.
There was an interview with the head honcho of one of the unions who was challenged about the disruption the strike causes. Someone on the radio staff couldn't get to a funeral today because of the strike. The chap being interviewed laid the blame for the strike entirely at whoever sets train drivers' wages... which is why the train drivers get a decent pay rise and we (I) don't.
 
Yesterday was rather eventful… today was dull. The only real thing of note was being told I've got Norway in the works Eurovision sweepstake; they currently have a three per cent chance of winning…
I’m going to bed – I feel all in… Let’s hope the dogs sleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment