8 May 2023 (Monday) - Bank Holiday - Waiting for the Rain

I slept like a log last night. I was eventually woken by Bailey licking my nose, and having woken me up she went back to sleep. Being suddenly wide awake I got up, made toast and had a look at the Internet. It was still there. Some people were whinging about how the Munzee servers had crashed yesterday, and others were gloating that the servers at geocaching dot com hadn’t. There are some hunters of Tupperware who are incredibly anti-Munzee in exactly the same way that some Conservative voters hate the Labour party, and some supporters of Manchester United FC hate Liverpool FC. A tribal thing where it isn’t enough that your chosen team does well; the other team has to be seen to be doing badly.
I gently pointed out that the huge mainframes at Munzee HQ actually do far more than those at geocaching dot com, and without third-party software, geocaching dot com would have been dead in the water years ago.
No one replied to that.
 
Seeing the forecast rain wasn’t due until the mid-afternoon I put some washing in, got dressed and went into the garden. Having landscaped the rockery behind the pond last week, “My Boy TM” had given me a rather better idea, and so I stripped out the rockery and made it look different; if not better. Rearranging the rocks took an hour; far shorter than I’d thought it would. So with time on my hands I got the dead cordyline into the compost and the new one into its pot.
Pausing only briefly to harvest even more dog dung (how do three small dogs generate so much dung?) I then rolled out the new hose I’d bought in the week for fish-pond filter cleaning. Rather than sending me two ten-metre lengths, the nice people had sent one twenty metre length. That was something of a result.
 
With no sign of the rain I then walked the dogs over to “My Boy TM”’s house to collect my car from where I’d left it yesterday, and then had another idea about rearranging the rockery.
“er indoors TM set off to visit family; with the forecast rain due I went indoors and set about the ironing whilst watching three episodes of “Shameless”. As I ironed I had half an eye on the weather, waiting for the forecast rain that never came.
 
“er indoors TM came home and sorted a good bit of dinner. As we scoffed we watched more of “The Great”.
And I’m off to bed now… aching from a busy day.
And that forecast rain still hasn’t come…

No comments:

Post a Comment