15 May 2023 (Monday) - A Day's Leave

I had a dreadful night. After a couple of hours spent fighting for any duvet at all I stood up and yanked the thing three feet in my direction (at three o’clock this morning). As I was up I popped to the loo and came back to find all three dogs spread out across where I’d been trying to sleep.
Another battle then ensued.
And then just after I finally managed to doze off so Morgan started making “being sick” noises.
 
I made toast and had my usual root around the Internet. It was still there, and much the same as ever. I sighed as I read one of the Lego-related pages. This particular page is intended to be about identifying obscure bits of Lego. Back in the day people would post photos of a bit of Lego shaped like a cross between an armpit and a marquee and ask what set(s) it was originally from, and what function it served. Nowadays people post the photos and ask how much the piece is worth.
I also saw that a cousin-in-law’s daughter had married her girlfriend at the weekend. That would explain the cryptic countdown that had been appearing daily on cousin-in-law’s Facebook page last week. Back in the day the entire family (no matter how distant) would have gone to something like that, and regularly did. Nowadays, things are sadly different. I blame the demise of the annual family reunions.
 
I drove down to Folkestone to collect “Daddy’s Little Angel TM”. She was off out with Cheryl today, and I was looking after “Darcie Waa Waa TM. I deposited the most recent fruit of my loin with Cheryl and brought most recent granddaughter home.
In retrospect it was probably something of a mistake having “er indoors TM working from home today; with two of us here, littlun couldn’t decide who she wanted to be with. We went through all the episodes of Bebefinn (twice), harassed the water dogs (pond fish) several times, snogged Treacle, Morgan and Bailey several times, but apart from a forty-minute sleep at mid-day, she didn’t really settle at all.
It was a shame that Morgan ate her socks.
 
Daddy’s Little Angel TM” returned after a few hours. Leaving her with littlun and her mum I took the dogs to the woods. We had a fairly good walk; Morgan was a tad recalcitrant though. Like “Darcie Waa Waa TM. He was probably over-tired.
And with dogs walked I drove “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” and  Darcie Waa Waa TMhome. Littlun cried the whole way. She cried on the way up too; she doesn’t seem to like cars very much.
 
“er indoors TM went gone bowling. I watched an episode of “Shameless” and I think an early night might be in order. What with the piss-poor night’s sleep and WaaWaa being full-on all day, today wasn’t the most relaxing day’s leave I’ve ever had…

No comments:

Post a Comment