1 May 2023 (Monday) - May Day

Having spent years threatening to sell the tat we have hoarded around the house, “er indoors TM was up at sparrow-fart this morning and (ably assisted by “My Boy TM” and Cheryl) off to the boot fair to unload it all onto an unsuspecting public.
Seeing the dogs had followed her downstairs I had this idea to walk them early before the woods filled with the sort of normal people who infest the place at the weekends and Bank Holidays. However the dogs had actually just moved from the upstairs bed to their downstairs beds. I turfed them out of bed, and we drove up to Kings Wood. It was rather pretty so early in the morning, and apart from a couple of people on their mountain bikes we didn’t see anyone at all as we walked.
We were on our way home by seven o’clock.
 
We got home, put washing in to scrub, and had brekkie before starting the ironing.  As I ironed and hung out washing I watched a film. I’d been meaning to watch “The Dark Knight Rises” ever since it was released over ten years ago and I have to say it was something of a disappointment. The premise of the film was that a mad villain was planning to blow up Gotham City for two reasons. Firstly because he was a villain, and secondly because he was mad. The film dragged on for over an hour longer than it needed to, and I watched the credits roll with something of a sense of relief that it was over. Sadly that was three hours of my life wasted… at least I got the ironing done as I watched it.
 
I then booked a slot at the tip for tomorrow morning, then went to the garden and had a look in the shed to see what I can take. Yesterday “er indoors TM found two poggered camping tables and there was the broken pressure filter I’d found a few days ago. I found no end of other rubbish that needs dinging too.
As I sorted rubbish so “er indoors TM returned from the boot fair. She seemed happy with her profits; I must admit I’d rather not go boot fairing at all… so I hadn’t.
 
Within minutes of “er indoors TM returning so the rain started, which was probably for the best; it made me stop. I put everything into the shed to keep it dry, then sat on the sofa aching from my exertions. I’d seriously overdone it yesterday and working in the shed today hadn’t helped.
I spent a couple of hours working on my current Wherigo project. I’ve now done all the programming for the games of the Crystal Maze (Mark II), and just need to program the end game. That should only take a few hours…
 
We drove up to the town centre where we met My Boy TM” and Cheryl and went to Aspendos for a bit of dinner. We went for the “bit of everything” option, and in having a bit of everything I had far too much.
I‘d not been to Aspendos before; I will certainly go again.
I’ve eaten far too much and have a belly ache…

No comments:

Post a Comment