26 May 2023 (Friday) - This n That

 

When everyone else sleeps well, so do I. With no one snoring or restlessly stomping all over the bed I had a better night's kip, for which I was grateful.
Or so I thought. I later found out that “er indoors TM had been downstairs for much of the night with Treacle who had been sick and had been wanting to do little else but eat grass pretty much all night.
 
I had a minor episode making brekkie; you'd think that the manufacturers of bread and the manufacturers of toasters might speak to each other and come up with compatible products, wouldn't you?
Once I'd rammed and forced the bread into the toaster, and then eventually prised the toast out I scoffed brekkie whilst watching an episode of "Shameless". Today everyone was spending money at a phenomenal rate because a permanently pissed alcoholic had claimed to have won the lottery. Who would be stupid enough to believe his claim?
 
I had a look at the pond; not as green as it once was, still greener than I would like. I need to seriously think about pond plants.
And then off to work... taking a minor diversion to avoid the traffic jam caused by the dustbin lorry. Sadly I just drove into the traffic jam caused by all the cars trying to avoid the traffic jam caused by the dustbin lorry.
 
As I drove I listened to the radio as I do. Some of the articles were interesting, some were dull. Most were incomprehensible because the interviewees were unintelligible. Radio Four seems to make no effort at all to wheel on people who can speak English in a way that can be understood. And those few people who aren't constantly stammering and repeating "erm, yeah, you know, like..." can't be heard because of the piss-poor quality of the broadcasting equipment used by the outside broadcast teams.
There was one bit that made me think though.
Apparently our local hospital's maternity unit was nearly closed by the Care Quality Commission in their recent inspection... Are they saying that they thought the place wasn't fit for purpose and in not closing it deliberately endangered the lives of my daughter and granddaughter?
There is something very strange about East Kent Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, isn’t there? A few short years ago it was Doctor Foster's number one hospital in the country; now it seems to be failing at every opportunity. What's going on? The last time I checked they were in seventy-second place in the country. This morning they are in ninetieth position.
I’ll just point out that where I currently work is rated fourth…
 
I got to work; I Munzed a Tree House and got a Horse Power badge. Go me! There's never a dull moment in Munzee.
At tea break I had a message. Daddy’s Little Angel TM” had been mugged by a seagull; it snatched food out of her hand. This isn’t the first time this has happened.
 
Being on an early I got to get out early. I took the dogs to Orlestone; Treacle seemed to have recovered from whatever laid her low overnight. We had a good walk; we didn’t see anyone else. The walk which used to take well over an hour with my best boy Fudge took just over half an hour today. He *really* did straggle.
 
We then spent a while fighting with “er indoors TM’s phone to get it to load Wherigos for tomorrow, then scoffed fish and chips whilst watching more of the latest season of “Taskmaster”. I can remember the show being good in the past, but this time there’s some real “laugh out loud” bits. If you’ve not seen it, give it a go…

No comments:

Post a Comment