9 April 2022 (Saturday) - Still Waiting

That curry I had last night gave me the worst guts ache and I was up most the night.... I would have been far better off having had peanut butter on toast. What sleep I did get was filled with rather vivid dreams about having a wake for a friend who died last July, and was broken with messages from “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” who intermittently Whatsapp-ed to tell me that there was no news on the baby front.

 

I managed to stay in bed until I got back ache, and then set another COVID test going. Still positive, but with the weakest line you ever did see.

I made toast, and had a look at the Internet. It was still there (as if it wouldn’t be). A friend was ranting about how much her leccie bill had gone up. Seemingly oblivious to current affairs she had no idea that the price hike was coming. I would say that it amazes me that people don’t keep abreast of the news, but the reason I listen to Radio Four is to force myself to keep up to date with what is happening in the world having found myself equally oblivious to current affairs in the past.

I sent out birthday wishes to three birthday boys. One I see periodically through hunting Tupperware, one who used to be quite active in kite flying, and someone who was my bestie back in the mid seventies when we were both inmates at the Hastings Academy for Budding Geniuses. I’ve not seen Dave in person since he gave me a lift home from Reading in the mid-nineties, but I love Facebook because through it I am still in touch with him.

 

Hearing that there was still no news on the baby front I got dressed, had a very quick tidy-up and sparked up NeverWinter Nights (because I could).

I’ve been reliably informed that NeverWinter Nights (and many old games from twenty years ago) simply don’t run at all on Windows 10. They do… *if* you are either a genius, or watch instructional videos on You-Tube. If you’ve got an old game you want to play I am reliably informed this works with a *lot* of games.

Firstly install the game in a folder on your computer but not in the program files.

Find the file which launches the program. It will be named “something-or-other .exe”. re-name it whatever you like but take off the .exe bit. And when you then click on it, it runs the game. Worked for me,

 

I spent quite a bit of time in NeverWinter today, periodically messaging with “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” (who was in the local hospital) until “er indoors TM” came home with Pogo and Treacle. It was amazing just how quiet the house had been without them… 

Despite having been induced twice, “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” still shows no inclination to squeeze the baby out. I hope she don’t’ shift it before mid-day tomorrow – I’ve got plans…

No comments:

Post a Comment