23 April 2022 (Saturday) - Geo Meet

I slept like a log last night, even managing something of a lie-in. but not much. I was awake from half past six listening out for the sounds of the puppies. I lay there listening whilst they were blissfully asleep; finally woken by me when I came to check on them at half past seven.

I let them out of their crate and caried them to the garden where both did that which was expected of them. A minor result, but a result nonetheless.

 

I made some toast, and as I scoffed it I remembered I’m on a diet and should have had a shake thingy at a hundred and fifty calories less. As I scoffed I peered into the Internet. There were quite lot less jingoistic posts about St George’s Day than there have been in previous years; over the last few years fervent patriotism seems to have declined somewhat, which isn’t entirely a bad thing. Particularly when few people actually know the first thing about St George. I can remember one half-wit of my acquaintance once wondering why Christmas is in December when St George’s Day is in April.

 

We then set off on the day’s mission. “er indoors TM had errands to run in Folkestone, so she dropped me in Badlesmere first. I took Pogo and Treacle with me and we sorted an issue with one of her geocaches. The thing had had several “did not find” logs, so me and the dogs took an hour out of our day to do that which those who had written the “did not find” logs could have done in less time than it took to write those “did not find” logs.

From there we walked into Badlesmere where after a little while we met up with several friends. We had a geo-meet today, and everyone who’d done their geo-admin properly had received a message about meting up to go for a little walk before the meet-up. A dozen of us then set off along a rather pretty walk, and after a few minutes “er indoors TM caught up with us.

I took a few photos as we walked; the paths round Badlesmere are rather pretty, and have the advantage of being flat, which is never a bad thing

With walk walked we then adjourned to the Red Lion. To be fair, we’ve adjourned there more than once in the past, and as places to adjourn to, it takes some beating. We all sat in our booked area, and scoffed a particularly good lunch as I drank my way through the ale selection and then made serious headway into the place’s port reserves

Before lockdown, geo-walks like today’s were a major part of my life. Someone would announce that a walk was happening, and a dozen or so assorted people would turn up, and a really good outing of like-minded people would happen. We really must start this off again.

 

Having scoffed a rather major dinner in the pub we didn’t bother with tea. Instead we tried to stay awake as we watched last night’s episode of “Star Trek: Picard”. Yesterday I mentioned what a disappointment last week’s episode had been; last night’s episode was just “crap”. You’d think that whoever has control of the franchise would want the average Trekkie to want to watch the show… wouldn’t you?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment