8 April 2022 (Friday) - Back To NeverWinter

The noise of the bin men woke me this morning as it does most Fridays. I lay awake listening to them scraping the bins about the streets. Back in the day everyone had metal dustbins which the bin men collected and carried from your back door (and returned to your back door) with far less noise and fuss than the current lot make when wheeling the wheeled bins a fraction of the distance.

Daddy’s Little Angel TM” phoned. She was off to the hospital to have the baby induced. Ideally she would have got a lift, but with the county’s roads still in uproar she was looking to get the train there.

 

I set yet another COVID test going and left it to cook. The thing came up positive (as I expected) but nowhere near as thick and dark as line as I’ve been getting earlier in the week. Here’s hoping it continues to get fainter. Mind you I’ve still got this intermittent cough.

 

I went for a little walk to the pet shop to get puppy food, and to the corner shop to get a sandwich, munz-ing as I went. Pausing only briefly to periodically Whatsapp at “er indoors TM” and “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” and assorted colleagues from work I spent an hour or so in NeverWinter until lunch time when I scoffed a sandwich whilst watching an episode of “Orange is the New Black”, before going back to NeverWinter where I spent much of the afternoon battling with “weak zombies”, “diseased thugs” and “mysterious assailants”.

 

Tea time came… I was gripped with indecision. Did I wat a Just Eat set meal for one from the Indian down the road, or did I want peanut butter on toast. I went for the Just Eat set meal and regretted it. Over sixteen quid for something which didn’t come close to peanut butter on toast.

I’m going back into NeverWinter for an hour or so… the place is over-run with blood pirates. If I don’t clear them out, who will?

I’d forgotten jut how easy it is to lose hours in there. 

So far “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” hasn’t produced…

No comments:

Post a Comment