14 April 2022 (Thursday) - Before the Night Shift

I woke feeling rather like death warmed up, but with no need to be up early I let “er indoors TM see to the puppies’ getting up ceremony. I came down five minutes later to be studiously ignored by Pogo and Treacle.

I made toast, and once my lap-top had finally woken up I sent out some birthday wishes. Seeing pretty much nothing else had happened on-line I helped to referee dog breakfast,

 

I then took Pogo and Treacle for a walk round the park. As we walked we carried our tennis balls and were as good as gold. Unlike some other dogs we met. As we walked so my phone beeped. Our Munzee Clan had got to Level One for this month. That was a result.

 

We came home, emptied the dishwasher, put a load of laundry in to scrub, then had the first lesson of “dog school”. Treacle has been getting rather shaky at “sit” so she and Pogo had something of a refresher. They were both very soon up to speed, but the puppies were a little too over-excited to do it properly (or at all).

 

After five minutes we called for a recess. I eventually got the babies into their carrier and we went to see the vet for a once-over and injections.

Morgan weighed in at three point eight kilogrammes, but wasn’t overly keen on his kennel cough drop up the nose, and he actually screamed when the injection needle went in. I’ve never seen a dog even notice the injection needle before.

Bailey was tiny at only one point eight kilogrammes, but was as good as gold for injections and drops up her nose. Mind you there were one or two issues. What we thought was a rather pronounced belly button was actually a hernia. The vet thinks it isn’t an immediate cause for concern, and will surgically repair it when they are both “done” in a few months’ time. But the vet did wonder if her bloated tummy was a sign of her having worms. She’s too small for the usual tablets so we’ve got some juice to squirt down her gullet over the next few days. That should be entertaining.

As we waited to go in and as I did the paperwork afterwards so we growled, grumbled and barked at all the other dogs in the waiting room.

 

We then came home, and had more “dog school” while we waited for the washing machine to finish. Pogo and Treacle seemed to be reasonable au-fait with “sit”, but the puppies still didn’t have a clue. Still… early days…

I pegged out washing for the first time this year, then messaged with “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” about how she and the bub were doing. She’s been playing with the breast pump (Eeeewwww!!!). I then set up the puppies’ geocaching trackable tags so that we can log them in as we go hunting for Tupperware and keep track of how far they have travelled. According to dear little Fudge’s tag in nine years he travelled over twenty-six thousand miles. That’s more than going round the world.

 

I had so much planned to do for the morning, but time had run away from me. I had a quick shower, settled the dogs and went to bed. I slept for three hours despite Treacle and Pogo taking up a lot of the bed space.

After three hours I got up. We fetched in the washing, and then I refereed the dogs for a while. Treacle wasn’t happy with Morgan having a squeaky toy. Even though there is plenty to go round. And Morgan wasn’t happy with Bailey having a chew toy… even though there is plenty to go round.

 

“er indoors TM   will be home soon. She can help with the worming treatments, then I’m off to the night shift for a rest (or that is the plan!) 

My brother just phoned – he’s got the rona…

No comments:

Post a Comment