13 April 2022 (Wednesday) - So Tired

I woke feeling like death warmed up, but forced myself up. Again I had another morning of mayhem with the puppies. After a little “”hello session” which generated quite a few spots of tiddle we went out to do our tiddle properly. Or that was the plan. We just carried on having a fuss in the garden, then came in and had a tiddle and a poop where it was warmer.

As I shaved, both puppies chewed on the bathroom doorstop, and as I tried to make toast so we found the squeaky toys that Treacle had taken away from us last night. Treacle is quite funny – she has never let Pogo play with any of the dog toys, and now she can’t keep up with three dogs from which to take the dog toys. She doesn’t want the toys for herself; she just doesn’t want anyone else playing with them. The noise of the squeaking obviously woke Treacle who came downstairs, looked at the puppies with an expression of “oh no – it wasn’t just a bad dream” and then went back to bed in disgust.

After having been up for half an hour I sat down with the lap-top and spent ten minutes trying to stop the puppies from chewing it, and after forty minutes of being little whirlwinds the puppies both fell asleep.

 

As they so obviously dreamed so I peered into the Internet. Eventually. The Firefox browser wasn’t having it, and Chrome wasn’t overly keen on doing much either. Eventually I got into Facebook and saw the photo of me and the llittlun I’d posted last night had got responses from a hundred and fifty people. It was at this point that we heard “er indoors TM”, Pogo and Treacle getting up, and we had a little woofing fit about it. Bailey is quite a gobby little pup.

 

I set off to work rather later than usual. The roads weren't as busy as usual; I blame Easter. As I drove the pundits on the radio were talking about our (quite frankly) shamefully disgraceful excuse for a Prime Minister. He's been found guilty of breaches of lockdown regulations.

Having told the public he was having work-related meetings it turns out one of these so-called "work-related meetings" was on his birthday, and his wife turned up with birthday cake. Usually this would be a matter of the utmost indifference, but this was at a time when the country was in lockdown. No one was allowed to meet with anyone outside of their immediate family unless there was a clear and serious reason. People (like my mum) were dying alone without saying goodbye to family and friends... and this chap just showed his contempt for us mere mortals.

And the Chancellor of the Exchequer (who would be the obvious successor) has pissed on his chips by not only having been on the piss with the Prime Minister in breach of the lockdown rules, his own wife has been openly playing  fast and loose with her tax returns.

Both have received fines. Both have paid them. And in doing so admitted guilt. They should both resign. After all, any registered medical professional who breaks the law faces investigation and usually finds themselves out because (to quote the oft-used phrase) "your fitness to practise is impaired". But yet again despite being openly caught out having lied to the public, our Prime Minister carries on as though nothing has happened. 

It would seem that the office of Prime Minister is held to a far lower standard of conduct than I am.

 

Work was work. I had a little look at my annual leave. Having been told that last week was going down as sick leave I've effectively got an extra week's leave this year, which is something of a bonus (I'd rather have had the holiday away as planned last week though!)

So I spent a few minutes booking time off here and there bearing in mind that if I don't use the holiday, I may well lose it.

 

The journey home was rather awful this evening, and once I’d run the bigger dogs round the block “er indoors TM set off on a mission to deliver nappies to “Daddy’s Little Angel TM”. Cam you believe that a maternity ward doesn’t supply nappies for new-borns?

Whilst she was out I settled down on the sofa with four dogs and slept. I’ve never been so tired as I felt this evening. 

Over dinner we watched the first episode of the new series of “SAS: Who Dares Wins”. Following some scandal or other, ex-frontman Ant Middleton has been replaced by Rambo. The series isn’t what it used to be…

No comments:

Post a Comment