17 April 2022 (Sunday) - Another Busy Day

With “er indoors TM going off on a mission with “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” and “Stormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TM  later, I thought I’d make the most of her presence before she went. Leaving her to organise the dogs I got the lawn mowed. It didn’t take long but is far easier to do without dogs swarming.

As I mowed, in my mind I could hear the voice of “Nutty Noodle” (the madman who used to live next door) who would *always* formally order me to stop mowing the lawn whenever I got the lawn mower out. The grass would be too damp. It would be too early in the day. It would be too late in the day. The sun would be too high. It would be too overcast. Every time I would politely smile and tell him that I mowed the lawn when it was convenient for me to do so and would carry on mowing, and he would carry on ranting.

I wonder whatever happened to him?

 

I made toast and peered at the Internet as the washing machine had a go at grubby T-shirts. And I sighed. Having been posting on various Sparks-related Facebook pages for weeks asking if anyone had a spare ticket for last night’s show in Bexhill I heard nothing until an hour before the show was about to start… and this morning several people told me that they had had spare tickets. There are tickets still available for tonight’s show in London but… Tickets for the Bexhill show initially sold for thirty quid each. The tickets for tonight’s show are starting at one hundred and eighteen pounds. And the show is in Camden and I’ve got an early start tomorrow.

Interestingly for all that there had been a lot of talk that the band had asked the audience to ware face coverings, there were a lot of photos of last night’s gig on-line, and maybe one person in three was actually doing so.

There was also a minor squabble kicking off on one of the local Facebook groups about why the supermarkets were all closed today (what with it being Easter). Some “Holy Joe” type was playing the religion card and said that all workplaces should be closed today…

This annoys me. Imagine their reaction on turning up at a hospital with a broken leg only to be told to piss off and come back tomorrow.

And on one of the dog-related Facebook pages some woman was banging on about how her dogs have constantly got ticks and fleas. She wanted to know if anyone had a way to stop ticks and fleas but only wanted ”herbal remedies”. She’d tried lots already, but none of them actually stopped the ticks and the fleas. It was suggested she tried using the various treatments from vets (that actually work) but for some unexplained reason this was akin to a red rag to a bull.

 

As I peered into the Internet there was an even bigger squabble kicking off on the sofa as the puppies were quarrelling over a huge bath sponge that they’d stolen from who knows where. Treacle told them both off;

she seems to have appointed herself arbiter of puppy arguments.

 

“er indoors TM set off on her mission with “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” and “Stormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TM  and suddenly I was in the middle of a pile of sleeping dogs. Not daring to move them I spent the hour or so until they woke doing some CPD.

When they woke I went and sat by the pond. Bearing in mind the time and effort I put into that pond I really should sit by it more often. The dogs came up with me for fish-feeding time (they love scoffing any fish food that doesn’t fall into the water) and then the dogs bimbled round the garden whilst I sat by the pond and read my Kindle.

After a while there was a little “plop” and some splashing as Morgan fell into the pond. I watched him for two seconds (no more) and, confident that he could swim (if he had to) I hoiked him out.

 

“er indoors TMcame home, and we took all four dogs to the park. Treacle and Pogo played ball for a bit, then carried their balls. Morgan and Bailey got carried all the way. But an outing is always good, and one which passes off without incident is even better.

We came home, had coffee and cake in the garden for lunch, then had a phone call. “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” had strained herself by overdoing it with “Stormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TM. So we took the dogs down to Folkestone to distract grandson. Little Jake loved meeting the puppies, and he showed me loads of Minecraft videos on “Lube-Tube” (as he insists on calling it). “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” and big Jake seemed to like the puppies, which was just as well as they are dog sitting in a month or so.

And I got to cuddle with smallest granddaughter too.

 

We came home where “er indoors TM boiled up a very good bit of dinner which we scoffed whilst watching the Easter episode of “Doctor Who”. Featuring the first appearance of the Sea Devils for nearly thirty years  it was perhaps one of the better episodes of that show for some time.

Sadly that wasn’t up against much in the way of competition…

No comments:

Post a Comment