15 April 2022 (Good Friday) - Puppies' First Adventure

Yesterday I rather tempted fate by writing about going to the night shift for a bit of a rest. It was one of the busiest I've had for a while.  But as I found a few minutes to skive (just after four o'clock) I read something which made me think... Some clever people at the Institute for Futures Studies in Stockholm have devised a mathematical model which predicts how people's opinions about moral matters such as corporal punishment of children, abortion-rights and how parental leave should be shared between parents, will change with time. So far their predictions have been right. What I find fascinating here is that what was science-fiction fifty years ago is science-fact today. This is *exactly* what Isaac Asimov wrote about. I wonder if the Second Foundation has already set up shop somewhere?

 

I did my bit overnight, and was so glad to see the early shift arrive. Early - late? Everything is relative when you've been up all night. I wandered off to find my car, and was rather miffed to see it was still having its little episode. Last night as I drove to work so the display between the tachometer and speedometer had frozen. It can be set to display a range of things; I like having it as a digital speedometer. Right now it just shows a schematic picture of a car. Apparently (according to the Internet) disconnecting the battery for half an hour will sort it out. To be honest I don't know where the battery is; let alone how to disconnect it.

 

I came home (down the newly opened motorway) and after a quick wash and brush up we set off out to meet Karl, Tracey and Charlotte. With good weather forecast for today we thought we might make the most of it for the puppies’ first big adventure.

We had a good walk following familiar paths. Treacle and Pogo played “fetch”; Morgan and Bailey really seemed to enjoy just being out. The plan had been to carry the babies round, but they got to walk for a while too. And seemed to enjoy it all. Morgan wasn’t overly enamoured with his collar but seemed to be quite content to walk on the lead.

After a couple of hours we were back to where we’d parked the cars… just over the road from a pub. And we then spent a couple of hours in a “dog socalisation” session in which we all sat in the beer garden eating and drinking whilst all four dogs (with varying degrees of success) ignored what was going on around them.

Not a bad way to spend a Bank Holiday at all.

I took quite a few photos whilst we were out. 

I slept much of the way home, and once home “er indoors TM  went of on a little mission to deliver shopping to “Daddy’s Little Angel TM”.  I sat on the sofa with the dogs and we all slept for an hour or so until the phone rang. It was “My Boy TM” who was rather keen to meet the pups. Half an hour later he and Cheryl were round and were both in love with the babies. We sat in the garden drinking beer until it got too cold.

Cheryl also brought round cheesecake. That was something of a result…

No comments:

Post a Comment