19 April 2022 (Tuesday) - Bit Dull

I didn’t really sleep that well last night, waking far too early and watching the clock for two hours. I stayed in bed until it was light outside, then got up. As I came downstairs so the puppies started squeaking, and I bundled them outside where after a few minutes both tiddled.

As I I had a shave, I smelled a turd. Fortunately it was on the newspaper.

 

I stood on the scales and saw I weighed in at seventeen stone. Too much. Let’s see what a week on the Slimfast does. I had my cafe latte breakfast shake as I watched half an episode of “Orange is the New Black” before having a rather frustrating little look at the internet. There were more “DNF” logs on some of my geocaches including an “I think this one is missing” log. I sighed. People are so quick to suggest that someone else replace the missing caches for them, and so slow to actually go put the things out themselves. But this is a rant I’ve done to death, isn’t it?

More people were posting on the Sparks Facebook pages saying what a shame it was that they couldn’t make the gig at Bexhill last Saturday and what a shame it had been that their tickets had been wasted.

Before my piss boiled any more I turned off the lap-top, settled the puppies and set off to work.

 

I walked down the road capturing tridents and gnome hats (it's a Munzee thing) and then drove some very quiet roads to Tunbridge Wells. As I drove the pundits on the radio were speaking to the shadow minister for something or other (shadow attorney general perhaps?). This woman was trying to stir up politicians and public alike to all rise up and demand the sacking of the Prime Minister for what she claimed was a deliberate attempt to mislead Parliament and the public over the "partygate" scandal.

Did Mr Johnson deliberately attempt to mislead Parliament and the public? Probably. It only takes less than a minute on Google to see he's got a track record here. But sadly this is what we've come to expect from Boris Johnson, isn’t it?. He has heard the old adages that "all politicians are liars" and so gives the public what they expect. He's been doing it for so long that no one expects any different from him, do they? No one is ever going to undermine Mr Johnson for claiming that he is "economical with the truth" because that is exactly why the masses love him. It was claimed this morning that the public have had enough of his lies. Have they? I wish it were the case, but somehow I doubt it.

There was then (probably) far too much air-time devoted to the death of Harrison Birthwistle who was (apparently) a famous British conductor. Presumably a music conductor, but for all that I know he may well have been a bus, train or electrical conductor. I'd never heard of him, and neither had anyone else I spoke with today.

 

I got to work far earlier than I had expected today; the roads had been rather quiet. I spent much of the day supervising one of the trainees. I miss the days of being a training officer. Mind you I miss very little else of those days, but training was always something I enjoyed doing. 

With work worked I came home. Being at Pembury today I was rather later getting home this evening. “er indoors TM   came in two minutes after I got home having taken the hounds to the park. I then helped to referee dog dinner, and we scoffed human dinner as we watched he second episode of “SAS: Who Dares Wins”. After a rather shaky start the show seems to be chirping up a bit now.

No comments:

Post a Comment