25 April 2022 (Monday) - Rostered Day Off

I woke feeling profoundly miserable for no reason I could fathom. I tried to get back to sleep, but Pogo had a barking fit, and by the time I’d got up to see to him he’d gone back to sleep

I came downstairs to see to the puppies. They were rather keen to go outside; as we went I picked up the poop scoops so as to thwart Bailey; she has become a poop-eater. Picking the stuff up the very second it is laid is sadly the only way; dogs can be foul creatures.

Eventually “er indoors TM  came downstairs with Pogo and Treacle and the puppies immediately lost interest in me and swarmed the bigger dogs who are slowly learning to tolerate them.

 

As “er indoors TM went round the garden with dogs I scoffed toast and had a look at the Internet to see what I’d missed overnight. As always I hadn’t missed much. Two Facebook friends were having birthdays today. One was someone who was a close friend with whom I worked on a daily basis for twenty-five years; I’ve not seen him for over ten years now. The other was more of a friend of a friend; again someone I’ve not seen for over ten years.

I sent both the birthday video for old time’s sake.

I registered another negative COVID test; still sulking about the holiday that I missed through having COVID three weeks ago.

 

I had quite a few “Found It” logs on geocaches that I’ve hidden. No more “Didn’t Find It” logs, which was something of a result. I did have a plan to go out and archive one of my geo-series today, but filled with enthusiasm from Saturday’s meet (and a flurry of favourite points given to the caches I’ve hidden)  I decided not to. Realistically I shall let things slide until someone else who has found thousands and has hidden none makes a snide comment about the maintenance that I haven’t done, and will archive them then in a fit of pique.

I’ve got three series of caches which need a little attention. I say “attention”; just a walk-round to replace the wet paper logs is all that is needed. This is nothing that the people actually walking the series can’t do (but most won’t), but now having four dogs (and two of them babies), this is a bit of a mission for me right now.

 

So instead of anything geocachical I set undercrackers washing, left the puppies with “er indoors TM and took Pogo and Treacle to Orlestone Woods. It takes about as long to drive there as it takes to walk to the park, and now that we are well into spring the ground has dried out and we get a much better walk that is rarely infested by the normal people.

We did our usual circuit of the woods, admiring the bluebells as we went. Orlestone is such a good place to walk; it is a shame that the thick mud makes the place impractical for much of the year, but it was good today.

We came home, took clean undercrackers from the washing machine and put in shirts, woke the puppies, and all went into the garden where I ran out the hose pipe to top up the pond, and then I generally fiddled about in the garden for a couple of hours, at the end of which the garden looked much the same as when  had started. I then wasted some time attempting to do some dog photography, and we all fed the fish in the hope of getting some fish food. I then Munzee-ed from the back garden and was won a cash prize in the Munzee crypto-currency. Sadly two Zeds is worth about one pence, but it is better than a kick up the bum.

 

As planned the exertions of woods and garden had worn out all four dogs, and they slept as I ironed through three episodes of “Orange is the New Black” before sparking up my lap-top to go through the monthly accounts.

It would seem the council has given me a bung. As part of some government initiative all the poor people have been given a hundred and fifty quid ostensibly toward their massively increased fuel bills. Bearing in mind my combined leccie and gas bill has gone up by eighty-four quid each month, this bung won’t even cover two months.

I must admit to being rather insulted by this bung though. The government has given it to the poorer members of society; judging wealth by the council tax band in which each household is in. I’ve got a bung, but friends who earn far less than me and colleagues on *exactly* the same wage as me haven’t got it because they live in bigger houses. Go figure…

With the dogs all still asleep I spent an hour in NeverWinter (because I could) until Treacle got the hump. Having got up for no reason whatsoever, Pogo had bagged her spot next to me, and she wanted it back. 

“er indoors TM came home, boiled up dinner for us all and then set off bowling. I sat with Pogo and Treacle on the sofa as the puppies ran riot. And having been very good toilet-wise all day, both puppies disgraced themselves. I think it fair to say both are very over-tired… A bit like I am really…

No comments:

Post a Comment