7 April 2022 (Thursday) - Still Feeling Grim

I woke feeling like death warmed up. I wanted to lay in bed, but the backache was against it, so I got up, and the backache soon went. I made toast (with the bread that Deliveroo fetched yesterday) and peered into the Internet. As I scoffed I saw an advert from Wren medical asking for people who’ve had a positive rona test in the last week to contact them, and offering twenty-five quid to take part in their research. Something for nothing is always worth having so I left them a message.

There was a lot of consternation being expressed about the state of the county’s motorways on Facebook this morning. With a shortage of ferries and everyone wanting to go on holiday, the county’s motorways are gridlocked, and the A-roads are feeling the pinch too. “Operation Brock” would seem to have failed, and had I been up to driving I wouldn’t have got anywhere.

I had an email from Geocaching HQ. They’ve given me another series of Adventure Labs. I was rather cynical about the first set I got (which I didn’t really do very much with) but my second set (Lenham church) and my third set (a tour of Great Chart) have proved rather popular. I just need to find somewhere for this fourth set to go. I’ve got a couple of ideas…

 

The COVID app on my phone said I was allowed out of the house today but I wasn’t feeling on top form, and the state of the county’s roads put me off of going anywhere. So I spent the morning pootling in the garden. I got the lawn mowed and hacked back the roses, clematis and assorted plants pouring over the fence from not-so-nice-next-door’s garden. It has to be said that for all that he was “a colourful character”, he liked his garden, and in the years since he has seemingly disappeared their garden has somewhat gone to seed (both figuratively and literally). Seeing that not-so-nice-next-door‘s car wasn’t outside I took this as a sign that she was out, and took the opportunity to fix the fence that she won’t fix. I then pulled the weeds out of the shingle, and moved the stones about to cover the underlying membranes. I even got a bowl of soapy water and scrubbed the sails of the garden windmill. After two hours effort the garden looked much the same as it ever looks.

I felt quite worn out after that, so I had a cuppa and watched another episode of “Orange is the New Black”.
As I watched telly so I had a visitor. I’d completely forgotten to tell “My Boy TM” he didn’t need to see to the pond fish as I was home. I’d completely forgotten to tell him I had the rona as well… well, not so much “completely forgotten” as “didn’t tell him because he would worry”. We had a little chat (shout) from a safe distance.
 

 

Being allowed out of the house I went for a little walk. I munz-ed along the back streets up to the station, and back via the corner shop where I got some bleach. The bathroom plug hole isn’t draining as fast as it might, so I put a couple of pints of bleach down it, and let it soak whilst I had a sandwich and watched more lesbidaceous prison drama. It has to be said that “Orange is the New Black” is on the saucy side. Featuring Kate Mulgrew (out of “Star Trek”) as “the only one who doesn’t flop them out” it has the double bonus of both saucy young ladies in the nip *and* a plot. As far as TV dramas go, I must admit to being a fan of both.

 

After a little sleep (of over an hour) I gave up on “Star Trek: Elite Force II” as I’d got to a bit I just couldn’t get past despite using all the available cheat modes. So against my better judgement I got NeverWinter Nights running on the lap-top. I’ve wasted days in that game… I shall use some self-control this time.

 

For tea this evening I microwaved the rest of the Chinese I didn’t finish yesterday. It tasted far better a day old having been sitting in the microwave. How does that work?

I started today feeling like death warmed up; I rather chirped up as the day went on. Here’s hoping that’s a good sign…

No comments:

Post a Comment