16 October 2016 (Sunday) - Far, Far Ago...

I had planned an early night last night but I got watching “Bottom” on the telly, and I was far later to bed than I had planned. Which was probably for the best; what with my breathlessness and the CPAP machine there is a limit to how long I can stay asleep; realistically an early night just means an earlier wake the next morning.
I woke in desperate need of the loo shortly after 5am, and after a swift tiddle then lay wide awake cuddling my dog for three hours. I couldn’t get back to sleep; he was snoring very contentedly.

I had a look-see on-line over brekkie. Other than an email telling me that hot Asian women were waiting for me not much had happened overnight. I did wonder where the hot Asian women had been waiting; it had rained overnight. I did wonder if they’d got caught in the downpour.

I then spent a little while fiddling about with my latest geo-project. Part of me wonders if I should actually bother doing it; I *know* that publishing my own take on “how to find Tupperware” is certainly going to cause an argument or two. But it keeps me constructively occupied, and those who don’t like it can write their own guide. Or get knotted. Or both (ideally)
I got to the stage where I needed a specific photograph so I stopped and spent a few minutes tidying my fishing tackle. Last Wednesday I got some stuff from Fat Fish Angling and rather than just chucking it in my tackle box I thought I’d have a rummage in that box and see what is actually in there. I had ten thousand hooks of assorted sizes. I’ve thrown out all the barbed ones. I had half a dozen boxes of BB weights; all three-quarters empty. I’ve condensed them into one big box. I had a load of ¼ ounce weights all loose; I’ve boxed them. I had two McDonalds spoons in the box for no reason that I could fathom.
I’ve sorted all of the tackle into a rather nice tackle box that "My Boy TM" had left in the shed. I wonder if he will recognise it?

"er indoors TM" asked if I wanted a cuppa. As I guzzled it something interesting popped up on my Facebook feed. I don’t know if it is true; I haven’t checked the facts but it asks an interesting question. The article claims that so many people who voted for Brexit have now changed their minds that if the referendum was run tomorrow we’d have a majority in favour of “remain”. If that is the case should we have another referendum?
Personally I don’t think so. The majority voted out, and so out it is. The article implies that quite a lot of people voted out as some sort of protest, or didn’t actually realise what they were voting for. To me that doesn’t show we need another referendum; that shows a fundamental failing in the entire concept of having a referendum (about absolutely any subject whatsoever) in the first place.

We popped the lead onto "Furry Face TM" and drove out to Kings Wood where we met Karl and Tracey and the girls, and Aleta too. The weather forecast hadn’t been good so we thought a little wander round somewhere not too far from home might be a good plan. The BBC weather forecast said the rain would hold off, and it did. We had a rather good walk; for many years Kings Wood was a regular haunt. At one point we were even members of the tree-hugging “Friends of Kings Wood” group, and in the very early days of Fudge coming to live with us he vanished into those woods for a couple of hours. I’d not been there for some time; it was good to go back.
It was not exactly muddy, but was rather slippery underfoot. I suppose that was not entirely unexpected. But for a walk of five miles over three hours the place can’t easily be bettered.

I took a few photos as we walked. Once we were home and my dog had been bathed I put the photos on-line. I fiddled about with the guide to geocaching website whilst "er indoors TM" dozed, then devoured some KFC whilst watching the first episode of a new series of “Yonderland”. I’ve missed that show; in tonight’s episode Jeff had gone feral, and Cuddly Dick has arrived on the scene. Don’t like him!!

I then had a go at sorting out the date of the astro club’s December meeting (which is easier said than done) and did little more work on the geowebsite. It will be time for Poldark…

No comments:

Post a Comment