27 June 2021 (Sunday) - A Walk, Bingo, Sad News

Yesterday I ran out of shaving gel and immediately forgot all about it. Have you ever tried to shave with just soap and water? It takes some doing.

Over a bit of brekkie I watched an episode of “Bonding” before sparking up the lap-top to peer into the Internet. It was much the same as ever. Most of the Lego Facebook groups carried the same advert exhorting us all to join yet another Lego Facebook group. I was going to ask why people keep creating Facebook groups when there are already so many in existence (for whatever the hobby is). I suppose it is so that whoever it is that creates the group has ultimate power over that group. (Like when the Astro club’s Facebook page got deleted after one squabble too many).

And I saw several adverts on Facebook for Dog Friendly – a magazine advertising all sorts of tourist attractions, cafes and pubs that are dog friendly. It struck me as rather odd that whoever it is that runs “Dog Friendly” magazine wanted nearly twenty quid a year for their magazine when there were over three hundred comments on their advert from people who were taking the opportunity to advertise their dog-friendly businesses.

 

I hoofed Pogo and Treacle out of bed, gave them their brekkie, and taking care not to disturb er indoors TM” (too much) we drove out to Great Chart. er indoors TM” had other plans for today (as did Charlotte) but Tracey, Karl, Treacle, Pogo and I had planned a little walk.

The rain was a tad heavier than had been forecast when we started (there wasn’t supposed to be any rain!) but we carried on regardless, and the rain soon stopped. We had a rather good walk following the series of geocaches I’d hidden along the Greensand Way last year. It was a shame that the dogs were on-the-lead off-the-lead all the time, but there it is. There are a lot of sheep fields on the way,  and Treacle in particular can’t be trusted. However, the dogs had a rather good bowl of special rice for their picnic lunch and got a good play in the river too.

Despite the overcast day, I managed to catch the sun, and Tracey suffered with the grass pollen too.

Because we were following a series of caches that I had set we made good time. As we went we made sure that they were all OK. Most were. Only one was missing. Thirty-four geocaches over seven miles… not a bad series really.

I took a few photos as we walked.

 

With walk walked we said our goodbyes. We came home, collected Pogo’s bag and drove him down to Folkestone where he is having a little holiday with his mummy. After all he is “Daddy’s Little Angel TM”’s dog. I‘m missing him already, but he will be back with us in a few days.

er indoors TM” still wasn’t home, and with the rain having got worse (and thunderstorms forecast) I didn’t fancy going up the KFC to forage. I hand-fed Treacle her tea until she started eating on her own (she learned that from Fudge!), made myself peanut butter on toast, and tuned in to the family Zoom/bingo game. I missed the last one. I must admit I was a bit sceptical about joining tonight’s but I was glad I did. It was good to catch up with family, and we did chuckle. “My Boy TM” was calling the bingo numbers via an app on his phone, and we got to the point where the thing had run out of numbers and still no one had won. The app he was using was unable to count higher than seventy-five.
With technical difficulties eventually resolved I only ended up being two pounds fifty pence down on the evening

 And I’m afraid I’m going to close on a sad note tonight. A very good friend is very unwell. He told me that he’d had problems the last time we met, but that was ages ago. What with people drifting apart and lock-downs we’ve not met up for over two years. His problems have got much worse over the intervening time.
I shall pop up to see him after work tomorrow… While I still can.

No comments:

Post a Comment