23 June 2021 (Wednesday) - Before the Night Shift

As I looked at Facebook this morning I saw that “we” both won and lost last night (?)  After a couple of seconds on Google News I found out that the England football team won its match whist the Scottish football team lost. But friends were posting about the games in such a way that everyone supposedly knew what they were talking about. And to be fair, most people did.

I wish I understood the attraction of football. To me it is an incredibly simplistic game, and after watching it for five minutes you really have seen all that it has to offer. But so many people love it. I am clearly missing something.

Somewhere else that I am missing something is Brexit. Today marks five years since the decision was taken to implement it and despite still waiting to hear a single reason in favour of it that isn’t either racist or factually wrong, millions still insist it was the right thing to do. Having left the EU in large part because people didn’t want unelected bureaucrats giving out the orders (even though they weren’t), the UK has just announced it is going into some trade deal with Pacific counties… in which (so it would seem) unelected bureaucrats will be giving out the orders. However this is being brandished as some sort of triumph.

Again, clearly I am missing something here as well.

Sometimes I get fed up with being in the minority.

 

Treacle started squeaking at me so I took her for a walk. As we went down the road to the car so she tried to pick a fight with a dog on the other side of the road. With Pogo off on a little holiday it has become *so* clear that he has been taking the blame for her bad behaviour.

We drove to Orlestone Woods and walked round. Treacle carried a stick pretty much the entire way and wouldn’t put it down. I think it fair to say that refusing to drop the stick played a large part in one squirrel’s escape.

As we walked we met one other person. She asked about Pogo and Fudge, and that set me off.

 

Once home I gave the lawn a once-over. The heat of last week didn’t do it any favours, but it still looks better than it ever has.

I then spent a little while writing up CPD. All rather dull, but that CPD blog gets four hundred views each week. I can’t help but wonder who reads it… I write it because I’m obliged to keep myself up to date on professional matters, and this is as good a way as any to show I am doing so. It might (just possibly) get formally assessed one day. The thing is (deliberately) done anonymously… I wonder if anyone has ever blagged it and tried to pass it off as their own for their assessment?

 

I took myself off to bed for the afternoon. When I woke er indoors TM” had vanished. She was off to the cinema with Cheryl. But I woke to find Pogo on top of me – he had returned from his little holiday. I then sat in front of the telly for a couple of hours watching drivel on Netflix with a dog on either side.

I’m off to the night shift in a bit… I don’t *really* mind night shifts, but the day before them can be rather dull. As today was…

No comments:

Post a Comment