11 June 2021 (Friday) - Rather Busy

Finding myself wide awake at far too early I couldn’t get back to sleep what with the bin men “quietly” moving the bins about. Bearing in mind how hot the days have been lately I thought I might make an early start. As I got dressed so Pogo and Treacle (and er indoors TM) snored. Was I going to walk on my own? I rattled the dog leads and both Treacle and Pogo came running.

 

We walked down the road to the car… Literally down the road. The bin men had moved all the recycling bins to where they would be ideally positioned for the bin lorry which was following them (an hour or so later), but bins ideally positioned for the bin men made the pavements impassable.

Singing along to rude songs on my Ivor Biggun CD we drove up to an empty car park at Kings Wood, and started our walk at quarter to six. I had received reports of three of my geocaches needing attention, and so getting them sorted was the plan for the morning. As is always the case, the ones that need attention were the ones furthest from the road. Two of the ones that needed seeing to today were just under two miles (as the crow flies) from the car park, and the third was a mile away from them in a different direction.

 

Usually Kings Wood is a lovely place for a walk; today it wasn’t really. The bits through the trees were pretty, but the thick fog had reduced the visibility in the open bits to twenty yards at best. Walking several miles with only being able to see twenty yards was rather dull.

As we walked so the dogs chased squirrels and were most indignant when the squirrels went up trees. They also chased pheasants and again weren’t happy when the pheasants went in a direction they could not follow; up. We could hear deer crashing about in the undergrowth. Treacle wasn’t fussed about them but Pogo growled at the sounds. As we rounded a corner three quarter round our walk we found ourselves twenty yards from a deer. It looked at us and we looked at it. Both dogs growled uncertainly; they weren’t at all sure what to make of it.

We got back to the car after an hour and three quarters having not met another soul. It made for a good walk for this morning, but I have dogs that need a walk. However I couldn’t help but wonder if it really would have caused a fellow hunter of Tupperware physical pain to have replaced the missing caches. According to the rules, cache maintenance is up to the person who hid the thing. But when you log “it ain’t there” knowing full well that the one that ain’t there is the furthest one from where you can park a car, you are asking someone else to give up hours to sort out what you could sort out in seconds.

 

We got home just before eight o’clock just as er indoors TM” was getting up. We’d walked five miles and wanted a rest. I had second brekkie and took Sid out for a bimble. He seemed to want to go, but he soon became breathless, and he is getting progressively more and more unsteady on his legs.

With bimble bimbled we came home and Sid got a bath. He’d become rather smelly, but he wasn’t al all keen on having a bath.

I then spent a few minutes scraping the weeds out of the cracks between the paving slabs in the front garden. A passer-by suggested I might pour salt water into the cracks to sort out the weeds. I need to do something, that’s for sure.

I then mowed the lawn. It’s a simple enough job *if* I do it regularly.

 

er indoors TM” went off for some work thing, and I watched seven of the eight episodes of the second season of “Love Death and Robots”. er indoors TM” returned and we then gave Sid a second bath and washed his bed as he’d had a little (big) accident.

 

I then went shopping. To Aldi where I got some bottles for the weekend. They do have a decent ale selection, but they also have women with faces like smacked arses on the tills. You certainly don’t feel they want you to come back. From there I went to Matalan. Their trousers came in a range of shapes. “Regular”, “Slim”, “Skinny” and “Super Skinny”. As luck would have it, some spotty oik with a “manager” badge wandered past and I gave him some stick. Keeping a straight face I told him that this sizing criteria was discriminating against the more rotund gentleman. As he blustered a rather pathetic apology I told him that the next time I visited I expected to see the range expanded to include “Fat Bastard”. He smiled nervously.

I then field tested my latest Wherigo project, and with successful field testing done, I put out the caches for the project, came home and did the geo-admin. 

We had fish and chips whilst watching the last episode of “Taskmaster” and then I fell asleep in front of the telly. Today has been rather busy…

No comments:

Post a Comment