26 May 2021 (Wednesday) - Jam Shed

I felt a tad rough when I went to bed last night, and I saw every hour of the night. I got up (feeling like death warmed up) at five o’clock, made brekkie and scoffed it whilst watching last week’s episode of “Alan Partridge”. Whilst entertaining enough, it really wasn’t much different to what he was doing thirty years ago. As I’ve said before, Steve Coogan is a very talented chap; it is a shame he keeps doing the same old stuff. I suppose the BBC (being risk averse) stick to a winning formula.

 

Facebook was rather amazing this morning. For some time I’ve been following a Radio Four based Facebook group. Like all groups it has its ups and downs. Yesterday there seems to have been a full-blown civil war on that page, and the losing faction had all upped sticks and set up their own rival Facebook Radio Four page (to which I had received an invitation). Some people really will quarrel about anything.

My eyes also rolled when I opened my email in-box. Regular readers of this drivel may recall I’ve had all sorts of aggro with the power company over the last year. After a *lot* of to-ing and fro-ing the ombudsman ruled that the power company must provide me with a functioning gas meter. Overnight the power company had sent me an email welcoming me to the contract which actually started fourteen months ago. To be fair to them, they also sent another email to say they were coming to sort the gas meter. It is a shame they aren’t coming for another six weeks, but there it is. I have needed a new gas meter for some time, so this must be a victory of sorts.

 

As I drove to work the pundits on the radio were talking about the government's latest tweak to the lockdown restrictions. Yesterdays’ decrees to the areas with high prevalence of the latest strain of COVID are no longer decrees. Today they are suggestions. Concern was expressed that people don't know the rules from one minute to the next, and bearing in mind the formal official guidance has changed at least once a week over the last year that would seem to be a valid concern.

Meanwhile far from gracefully retiring, that idiot Donald Trump is back in the news claiming that the entire COVD-19 thing was some huge Chinese conspiracy., the Chinese Mars rover is driving about the Martian surface, and our old friend science is looking for aliens (yet again)

 

I got to work and made a start on the early shift. Today was a good day if we draw a veil over the vagaries of the Lutheran blood group system. You would be amazed how much problem you can get out of something about which probably only one person in ten thousand has heard of.

 

Once home I took Pogo and Treacle up to the co-op field where we tried to play “Fetch”, but it wasn’t a success. Being faster than Pogo, despite having a ball of her own, Treacle could get to the ball being thrown first and would then jealously guard both balls. Poor Pogo soon lost interest.

I then took Sid for his bimble in which we took a far longer time to walk a far shorter distance.

er indoors TM” boiled up a rather good but of diner which we scoffed whilst watching “Lego Masters”, and then I fell asleep in front of the telly. I do that. I blame the red wine…

No comments:

Post a Comment