10 May 2021 (Monday) - Watching Telly

I was woken about an hour before the alarm was due to go off. Sid was going rather frantic because he couldn’t get up. These days he has very little control of his back legs and sometimes he gets stuck in the sitting position. I helped him up and he struggled to get to the back door, but he got there and went outside to do what he had to do.

 

Over brekkie I watched the second episode of the new series of “Alan Partridge” which reprised “Cheeky Monkey” from nearly thirty years ago. As I said last week, in many ways this new series of “Alan Partridge” is just more of the same, but I’m quite enjoying it.

I then peered into the Internet to see what had happened overnight. As I’d slept I’d attained the dizzy heights of being a level one hundred and fourteen Munzee-er.

 

There was the beginning of an argument starting on a Facebook page about the 1970s TV show “Upstairs Downstairs” in which someone or other was claiming that the portrayal of the suffragettes was somehow reminiscent of the current push for Scottish independence by the Scottish Nationalist Party. Some people really will argue about anything.

I had quite a few (over a hundred) “Found it” logs on geocaches I’ve hidden. Most people seemed happy with my having hidden caches for them to go find, but I rolled my eyes at some of the reports on some of the Wherigo caches I’d hidden. I realise that not everyone wants to do Wherigo caches, but that is usually because people are fed up doing the same old generic ones that everyone else puts out. I don’t put out generic ones. I make them myself, and it can get a little tiresome having spent over fifty hours working of the programming to get told “that wasn’t as bad as I was expecting”.

 

As I walked to my car I met some woman walking her dog up the road. The dog wasn't on a lead. Whilst I'm all for dogs to be off the leads, I only advocate that where it is safe to do so. I've seen so many dogs walking the local streets off of the leads only to run off across the street to chase a cat or fight with another dog. I smiled and said nothing...

 

I found my car and set off to work. As I drove the pundits on the radio were talking about the utter disarray that the Labour party is facing. Over the weekend the entire Shadow cabinet has been reshuffled and the deputy leader replaced. This morning some windbag or other was ranting that the position of deputy leader was an elected position and not subject to  reassignment by Sir Kier. Realistically, who cares?

There was also talk about Scottish independence following the Scottish Nationalist's excellent (for them) result in last week's election. Another anonymous windbag was ranting on that the government in Westminster should respect the democratic process and allow another Scottish independence referendum. Personally I can't help but think that this anonymous windbag should respect the result of the democratic referendum that took place a few years ago, but what do I know?

 

I got to work; I did that which I couldn't avoid, and came home to find that er indoors TM” had taken Treacle and Pogo out to Great Chart, so I walked Sid round the block. He bimbled fairly well this evening.

er indoors TM” boiled up a rather good bit of dinner, and as we scoffed it, she then finished off the last of that bottle of wine we started yesterday. It speaks volumes that despite costing about three time the price of what we normally spend on a bottle of wine, this was the first one that we didn’t finish in a single sitting.

As we scoffed we watched the first episode of the latest series of “SAS: Who Dares Wins”. I do like that show. It strikes me that being in the SAS isn’t at all a macho thing; it seems to be a state of mind. One of the contestants on this evening’s show was boasting how double-hard he was since he was bald and has tattoos. Since when has being bald and having tattoos made anyone double-hard? It doesn’t for me.

We then watched another episode of “Intergalactic”. A show which has something of an all-star cast. But despite the best efforts of Shaun (from “This Is England”), Demelza (from “Poldark”) and Mrs Hughes (from “Downton Abbey”), the programme is mediocre at best. Like so much TV sci-fi I want to like the show, but it isn’t helping me to do so…

No comments:

Post a Comment