27 May 2021 (Thursday) - Before the Night Shift

Google wouldn't seem to be accepting photos today...

er indoors TM” has developed a new trick where she manages to squawk her pillow so it sounds just like Sid’s bark. I got up a couple of times for that. Eventually Sid did bark for real so I got up, saw to him and made brekkie.

As I scoffed toast so I watched “Hardy Boys” in which our heroes ran into another bunch of half-wits. As they trash-talked each other our heroes were warned that “you might have a black belt in Cluedo, but if you dance with the snake, you are going to get slithered at”. Sage advice indeed; I sniggered at that for most of the day.

 

er indoors TM” emerged from her pit, and we took the dogs to Orlestone Woods. As we drove the pundits on the radio were talking about Dominic Cummings latest bombshell about Boris Johnson in which he claims…. Well, let’s be honest. What Mr Cummings tells Parliament will make no difference to the Prime Minister will it? Despite having been sacked for lying from pretty much very job he’s had, and websites reporting his ongoing litany of falsehoods, the public continue to love him.

We got to the woods and walked our usual circuit without getting *too* muddy. The dogs loved being able to run, and we only met one other group of walkers; our friends the little old lady and her dogs.

 

With walk walked we came home and I set about the lawn. It is ten days since I last mowed it, and in that time it had become a jungle. I gave my new strimmer its first outing, and it worked rather well. I did manage to block the lawn mower (twice), an act of “operator error” in which I rather amazed myself.

Pausing only briefly to hang my latest garden gecko I made us both a cuppa. I did a little CPD, then looked at more geo-puzzles whilst the dogs randomly barked at whatever was bothering them at the time.

 

er indoors TM” set off to collect a new DVD player and I went to bed for the afternoon. I slept for three hours before spending a rather frustrating hour fighting with the new DVD machine. On powering up it didn’t sound like a helicopter suffering a catastrophic failure (which put it streets ahead of the one we sent back yesterday) but it didn’t want to talk to the new telly. After trying it on four different HDM cables with no success we eventually got the thing to play via the “Back AV” channel. Part of me thinks I might throw good money after bad and buy a fifth HDMI cable, and part of me thinks I should give up whilst I am still ahead. Looking on-line it would seem that other people have struggled to get DVDs and tellies talking, but no one seemed to have an easy fix. I thought these things were all “plug and play”.

There are those who wonder why we need a DVD player in this brave new world of streaming… Have you ever tried to stream “Upstairs Downstairs”, “Auf Weidersehn Pet”, “You Rang M’Lord” or any of the other classics? They are called “classics” because no one but me wants to watch that sort of crap.

With any luck er indoors TM” will do some dinner in a bit and then I’m off to the night shift…

No comments:

Post a Comment