16 May 2021 (Sunday) - Still Raining

New-next-door’s radio woke me at six o’clock this morning. I wonder if we wake them when er indoors TM” fights with the dogs in the small hours? I dozed off but it wasn’t long before Sid was barking. He was stuck in the sitting position and needed help to get up. I took him outside to a bright morning and sulked. I really look forward to our weekly weekend walk, and we’d cancelled today’s walk because of the frankly dreadful weather forecast. And here we were with glorious sunshine.

 

I made some toast and peered into the Internet where I asked a question. There is a Facebook group following a certain series of sci-fi e-books that I follow. I say “e-books”; everyone posting on that page talks about the narrator saying this and the narrator saying that. Does everyone have the “audible” version of the books in which someone reads it out to them, rather than read it for themselves? I was reminded of the rise of the so-called “graphic novel” (in the 1990s) in which books were produced in comic-book format because people found reading a proper book to be too much like hard work and looking at the pictures was so much easier.

 

By eight o’clock the rain was louder than Sid’s snoring, and by ten o’clock I’d lost count of the times we’d changed from rain to sun and back again. During a lull in the weather we got the leads onto Pogo and Treacle and ventured out. We had a little walk up through the co-op field where I was pleasantly surprised to see an organised game of football going on. There are those who wouldn’t want that on prime dog-walking territory, but I see the footballers as allies in a future battle when someone or other tries to build houses on the co-op field. Sadly I can see this happening in the not-too-distant future.

Pausing only briefly to replace a missing geocache we carried on into the park. The bad weather had kept everyone indoors today – the park was pretty much empty. By the time we’d got to the park we’d had two showers, and as we came down our road so the heavens opened. When we got home we were soaked to the skin.

 

I then settled down to the Wherigo project I started yesterday. As I struggled with my inputs and my media so I had a message. “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” had been to church. I am reliably informed that God is planning on making a comeback some time soon, the end of days was luke warm, and some giants were fighting. One lives and learns.

Trying not to worry too much about the adventures of the Almighty I carried on with my where-programming, and I amazed myself by getting a rather basic thing programmed. Matters were complicated by the simulator crashing far too often, but I’ve got it to the stage where it is ready for field trials.

 

er indoors TM” boiled up a very good bit of dinner which we washed down with an incredibly good drop of plonk. A week or so ago I spent nineteen quid on a frankly disappointing wine from twenty miles down the road. Today we spent three pounds fifty pence on a bottle of pinot noir which had been shipped from Chile which was far superior. As we scoffed and guzzled we watched  the last two episodes of “Intergalactic”; a series which did improve as it went on. Even if Blake’s Seven did it better forty years ago.

 

Yesterday I said that the day seemed to be something of a wasted day. Much the same could be said for today.

And today marks a month since my dog died. Yesterday was the first day that I didn’t cry for him (but that didn’t last).  Despite having three other dogs in the house I still miss him. Which is exactly why I never wanted a dog…

No comments:

Post a Comment